Thread: Whiteside set with Incra LS Super System?

Whiteside set with Incra LS Super System?

I am thinking of buying Incra's LS Super System, primarily to use as an easily and accurately adjustable fence but also because of the fancy joinery it can help me work towards.

I saw on the Woodpecker's site that there's a Whiteside bit set that has dovetail and straight bits in different sizes--I am confident in Whiteside's quality, but will those 6 router bits cover a pretty broad range of available joints that the LS system does?

Any feedback on the Whiteside set?

I have used the WS set and it covered more than 90% of my needs with the Incra.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I looked at the Whiteside bits, but ended up with the Infinity kit, and the 2 extra bits to complete the 8 bit set that some offer, and Incra has templates for. I really like the Infinity bits, but I'm sure the Whiteside bits are great also. Maybe see which ones you can get the best price on. Infinity does offer Creekers 10% off, even sale prices. Maybe someone offers the Whiteside to us at a similar savings? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Maybe someone offers the Whiteside to us at a similar savings? Jim.
    Holbren does
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Are there coupon codes for Holbren and Infinity?

Not meaning to steal the thread, but I have a Whiteside Incra set (2 sets, actually.....1/2" shank and 1/4" shank) new in box that Id be willing to sell.

PM me if you are interested. Since its just taking up space in my shop I can definitely beat even the discounted price from Holbren/Infinity, etc.
    The worst part about mistakes is that you have to make them before you can learn from them.

Most that offer that here the code is SMC10. Infinity has a place for the code, but the check out system won't automatically change the pricing. There is a comment section I always write in and mention it. David has never missed applying the discount on the 3 orders I've placed with him. Jim.

edit. Just closed this and opened my email and what did I find??? A message from Infinity saying that they have a Columbus sale on premium router bit packages. I didn't go through and make sure the Infinity kits are part of that, I'll leave that up to you if interested. So combine that with the SMC10 discount and you get a total of 19% off the regular price. And if your order is over a certain amount, used to be 100.00 but check what it is currently, you get free shipping. Happy shopping! Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 10-10-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added edit.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.