Thread: Oneway live center issues.

Oneway live center issues.

When I received my live center last week I noticed vibration when using it. One other thing I noticed is when it slows to a stop I hear a clicking. I removed it from the lathe and spun it by hand and shook it and that's where the clicking is coming from. Anyone else have this issue? I contacted Oneway and they didn't seem to happy that they were going to have to replace it. I'm not to thrilled with their tech support team. Hopefully they were just having a bad day.
    Last edited by Steve Hayes; 10-11-2010 at 7:24 PM.

If you talked to Kevin, he always sounds a little rushed. Easy to take wrong on the phone. They will do right by you.

O.W. Live Center

I own and have used many of these without a problem and many times under high stress (off center) turning. I suspect there is a problem with the bearing. If it's clicking, something is wrong. Contact whoever you purchased it from, return it and get another.

Don Geiger

I received the new one and the vibration is gone but it still clicks.
    I can place it in my hand and shake it and it clicks like somethings loose and when it slows down you get a click noise. Can't explain it.

[QUOTE=Steve Hayes;1539876]I received the new one and the vibration is gone but it still clicks.
    I can place it in my hand and shake it and it clicks like somethings loose and when it slows down you get a click noise. Can't explain it.
    Steve; Buy yourself a cheap set of earplugs to wear. The click noise will go away!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON Canada

It feels really great to sell a pen;
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I have had a similiar issue with the brand new live center. Being a relatively new turner I did not know what to make of it. Have you recontacted Oneway? What did they say about the one you returned?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hayes View Post

Since I dont have one infront of me, I cannot be certain but check to see if the bearing assembly is tightened. looking from the stock end (opposite of the MT#2) there should be two indentations for a "spanner" that will allow you to tighten the bearing assembly into the MT#2 body. I know for certain this is the case with the PM live center assembly.

Call Oneway and explain it to them. The lady will take down your info and send you a replacement. You will have to return the original one or they will charge you for the replacement.

I have had a few items that needed to be returned and they came through. My only beef is that you have to pay the shipping for their damaged product.

Dave