Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any alternatives to Festool for TS75 blades?

Any alternatives to Festool for TS75 blades?

Found a deal that was too good to pass up and now have a TS75 but it needs a new blade. I know there are some alternatives to the Festool branded blades for the TS55, but I can't find squat for the TS75. Is Festool my only option, or are my google skills poor?

Amana has them in their AGE line but I have not used them:

http://www.toolstoday.com/p-6095-fes...aw-blades.aspx

Try searching by blade size, not by the saw you have. You will find alternatives.

Check Leuco, Tenryu, and possibly Forrest. They have recently come out with blades for the TS55 and may have something for the 75. What is wrong with the Festool choices?

Oshlun makes a low cost line called Fespro.
    Amazon has a 210 mm (hang on let me look it up) yep $23.39 right now for a SBFT-210036 - 36 tooth general purpose.

Bear in mind that you'll also need to replace the splitterguard on the rails - $13.00 for a 55" strip or 19.00 for a 118" strip. - and recut it to conform to the new blade.
    (Even w/a Festool blade you may need new splitterguards)

This may change your plans a bit. Because of the splitterguard, swapping out blades on the TSxxEQ isn't like blade swaps on an ordinary circular saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Oshlun makes a low cost line called Fespro.
    Amazon has a 210 mm (hang on let me look it up) yep $23.39 right now for a SBFT-210036 - 36 tooth general purpose.

Bear in mind that you'll also need to replace the splitterguard on the rails - $13.00 for a 55" strip or 19.00 for a 118" strip. - and recut it to conform to the new blade.
    (Even w/a Festool blade you may need new splitterguards)

This may change your plans a bit. Because of the splitterguard, swapping out blades on the TSxxEQ isn't like blade swaps on an ordinary circular saw.
    Thats a really good point Rich, I have replaced the blade 2 times on my TS75, both blades have been festool, they are spendy, $100.00 a pop.
    I have not had issues with the splittergaurd when using festool blades, but switching blade mfgs. may change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Aie. Hadn't really thought about that, but it makes sense. I was thinking I could save some bucks, but maybe I should stick with Festool. It was really purely a financial thing, not any dissatisfaction with Festool's blades.

There are a number of alternative blades available for the Festool saws as has been pointed out. None of them are inexpensive, but it's nice to have choices. The Festool blade, however, is very nice quality.

I do agree that it's not a terrible idea to replace the edge on the rails to insure that you have a true line. Not only are you the new owner and anticipating a new blade, but they do wear out. Bob Marino can help you out with what you need....you will not find a nicer fellow to do business with.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Amana has them in their AGE line but I have not used them:

http://www.toolstoday.com/p-6095-fes...aw-blades.aspx
    Van,

Where ever you are located in the woodworking universe, thanks for the link. Wish you were still here.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Van,

Where ever you are located in the woodworking universe, thanks for the link. Wish you were still here.
    what happened to Van ?
    Mike >............................................/ Maybe I'm doing this Babysitting Gig to throw off the Authorities \................................................<

If your like to try new blades for the Festool TS you could wait until your splinter guard and the guide rail strip.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

Festool blades can be resharpened, just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric DeSilva View Post
    Found a deal that was too good to pass up and now have a TS75 but it needs a new blade. I know there are some alternatives to the Festool branded blades for the TS55, but I can't find squat for the TS75. Is Festool my only option, or are my google skills poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post
    Festool blades can be resharpened, just FYI.
    Who do you use to resharpen them?

I don't like how the Festool TS75 blades have varying widths. The fewer the blade count the wider the blade.

This makes it hard to switch between different tooth count blades for certain cuts

Forrest will drill the bore thats needed.