Thread: Small Gloat

Small Gloat

Found a brand new, never used Bosch Colt Router on CL today for $30. Was I looking for a trim router? No, but did I buy immediately when I found the Colt for $30? Absolutely.

Great little router...... YOU SUCK !!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    Great little router...... YOU SUCK !!!!
    +1 I paid alot more than that for one on ebay

Blog Entries
    reminds me of the porter cable 557 for $25 + shipping off CL
    isnt it awesome when we come across great deals when were not looking?

With deals like that, are you guys afraid it was stolen from a store. Why would anyone sell a new tool for a small fraction of the retail price. Not impossible but makes one wonder. If I see too good of a deal I always pass for this reason.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    With deals like that, are you guys afraid it was stolen from a store. Why would anyone sell a new tool for a small fraction of the retail price. Not impossible but makes one wonder. If I see too good of a deal I always pass for this reason.
    I remember this discussion previously and good deal or not there is that chance with ANY item sold on CL. Or any item sold at a garage sale, or an auction, or anything sold by owner second hand, including Ebay. No, I don't worry about it. I would be more worried if the guy had 10 brand new Colts sitting around selling them. IF I truly had a feeling that the item I was looking at might be a hot item, yes I would pass. This is not of that case so I bought with pleasure.

Thanks a lot Brandon,

You sure made my deal on a Colt for $50 look like I overspent by over 50%. Please tell me yours was not variable speed....make me feel better.

Rick Potter
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 10-15-2010 at 2:47 AM.

A "small gloat" deserves a small "you suck".
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.