Thread: First Kitchen

First Kitchen

This is my first post here in the projects section. This is my first kitchen. I remodeled the entire kitchen, floors, Built all the cabinets, and currently working on a coffered style ceiling. The kitchen is my moms and she is very short, so she designed the upper wall cabinets, lower and deeper so she could access them easyer. I have really learned a lot from this build. The cases are birch ply. The face frames and doors, drawer fronts and panels are maple, Stained and laquered.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great work Tom. Looks top notch all the way 'round.

More Pics

Here is some more pics. Both upper corner units have lazy susans.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tom Welch; 10-15-2010 at 3:04 PM.

Nice job Tom! Your Mom will be very happy with those, and I'm sure she's quite proud of you for this!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Wow, your mom's has to be mighty proud of her son for this project. Way to go, your work looks great.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Project looks great, I am sure your mom loves the new kitchen. I think you should add one last touch, a matching step stool.

Great job.

Thanks for all the kind comments. Mac, what a great idea. I think I will build her a matching step stool.

Tom,

That is a great looking kitchen. That is a very good thing you did for your mother. She will be very proud every time she tells someone that her son build her kitchen.

Make sure you include photo's of the ceiling when you get finished.

Sam

Great looking 1st (or 20th) kitchen!

I like it, what stain and finish did you use? Maple can stain unevenly, but yours look wonderful. I like the color. Great job
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

John, sorry to get back to you so late. I have been very busy with 2 projects. I keep forgetting to get down the can of stain when I am in the shop. The stain is the Cabot brand from Lowes. I cann't read the stain as it is one of their store mixes and the tag has faded. I used a pre stain conditioner.

Tom,
    Great job and I'm sure you're Mom is pleased. What are the room dimesions and how did you come up with the floor plan?

Very nice job, great craftsmanship.

Again thanks for all the kind comments. Bryan, my mom simply told me where she wanted certain appliances and I suggested the locations of the various cabinets, like the drawers for pots and pans next to the stove etc.
    I don't remember the room dimesions, I am currently in Brazil working offshore (I operate an ROV for a living) I get those to you when I get back home.