Thread: Replacement plug for DW735 planer?

Replacement plug for DW735 planer?

Hi All,

Moved the wheeled stand my DW735 is mounted to last night without unplugging it.

The ground prong snapped off the plug and I'm going to need to replace it.

Do I need any particular capacity plug, or will any replacement three prong plug from the orange borgs shelves work if wired in properly?

I'm familiar with the act or replacing busted extension cord plugs, but this being a fairly powerfull machine I don't want to get an under-rated plug and have it be a safety hazard when running.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Nope, a standard 15A plug from the borg will work fine.

Higher-amperage 120V tools have different plugs, actually. If you've ever noticed, some outlets have one of the holes shaped like a "T", rather than a straight line, because that outlet can accommodate either a standard 15A plug, or a 20A plug (which has one conductor rotated 90 degrees).

Thanks for the info Dan.

Much appreciated.

It put a stop to my making some new thresholds.

5 doors plus an open area needing a transfer from tile to carpet would have been like $60 to $80 + tax if I bought the cheap 3/8" oak thresholds from the orange borg. I'm sure it would be even more if I bought ones equivalent to what I'm making myself from a better supplier than the orange borg.

Costs ALOT less (and is more fun) to make them yourself out of some basic rough red oak I had laying around the shop.

It is bypassing the intended safety aspect, but you can still run a power tool without a ground plug!

The tool doesn't know the difference!

I would have finished my project or what I needed to do and just get the new plug end at my earliest convenience.