Thread: N. Texas Sawmills

N. Texas Sawmills

Wondering if any of you use a sawyer's services when you obtain stock for projects? If so what do you consider a reasonable rate per hour? I am shopping three of them for my furniture business and don't have a clue about the 'norm'. I am in DFW area of Texas, so really just wanting to know about our area.

Kelly, the only one I even know about is up in Sanger. Are there others around? I haven't been up to Woods Of Mission Timber yet, so I don't know how they are price wise. I will try them out when I get ready to do the kitchen project, but that might be a year or 3 from now. I'll be watching this thread to see if there are other sawmills out there! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Hey Jim...there's one in Canton [my favorite guy but he's closing the doors soon], Emory and Greenville [both east of Dallas] and I just found out about one in Stephenville.

Let me know about the one in Stephenville. That might be closer than Sanger for me. Wife definitely goes that direction more often. Do they have a web site?? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

They do....I'll PM it to you.

Woods of Mission is very nice to do business with from a retail standpoint. I have not used them for milling. I live in Austin, but when I visit family in N. Texas I always go by and pick up some stock.