Thread: Freeman pin nailer

Freeman pin nailer

Several months ago I bought a Freeman 23 ga pin nailer. It has seen moderate usage, mainly in pinning door frames in panel doors. Last week it malfunction, not setting nails below the wood surface. A call to Freeman about it resulted in a new pinner two days later with a return postage paid box to send the old one back.

I guess you could look at it two ways. For not having seen any more use than it had the pinner shouldn't have quit working right. But I'm willing to abide one fault for a company's tool and thought Freeman should be complimented on how it handled it.
    And now for something completely different....

Any piece of machinery or electronics can fail. Having a company that stands behind their products is always a good thing.

I picked up the same tool last month when it was on sale at my local Woodcraft store. I haven't used it yet, but for the price (and a seven year warranty) I figured that I couldn't go wrong. It's nice to know that the company honors that warranty.

Glad to hear they stand by their products. I bought the same pinner about 3 months ago, use it more often than 16 or 18 gauge nailers I have (which is not much) and haven't had any problems with it. Also bought it from Woodcraft but before the sale of 20 dollars off. I like the pinner very much but have to be careful with accidentally firing it if I forget to slide the safety over (already heard a pin shoot across the shop more than once).

I bought that same nailer on sale at Woodcraft a month or so ago. Used it a bunch so far with no problems. Love it. Glad to see they have good customer service.

And Kevin, I know exactly what you mean. Shot one out of my shop and about an inch from my front tire on my truck. Definitely needs a safety.
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.