Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: road rage

road rage

friday morning i was a victim of road rage and this was less than a quarter mile from my home. I was so shocked because I was just minding my own business on my way to work and another motorist tried their level best to ram me as I was making a left hand turn. I had to jerk the wheel hard to the left to avoid being hit on the passenger side. and that was not enough for the other driver. He then sped up, passed me and proceeded to cut me off. over 20 years taking the same road to work and this is the first time this has happened.

we had enough trouble with that type of driving here that they finally passed an aggressive driving law and amazingly enough they actually make a real effort to enforce it unfortunately there are still plenty of idiots who drive like they are trying to run over you

anytime you get in a car and get to your destination safely thank God

Your best bet, is to just take note of the plate number, and call 911 and report it as a DWI.. That will get the cops out for sure, and make sure they fully check him out.

It's not just on the roads either. A number of us tied up at a waterway lock, had some moron running a 40 footer and pushing a wall of water 4 feet high while approaching the lock channel. Needless to say we were all trying to keep the damage to a minimum but it's awful hard to control a large boat tied to a wall with a four foot wave headed at you.. The Operator of the boat turned out the be a full patch member of the H.A.M.C. and he acted the part, and even offered to kick the butt of the guy who suffered the most damage to his boat if he didn't stop lecturing him. This fellow noticed a can of beer in the wheelhouse while the boat was going down in the lock so a quick cell phone call to the local police, had a marine unit pull him over, and no doubt while searching the boat they probably found some 'other stuff'.. His 40 footer may very well have be confiscated for having some 'other stuff' on board.. The name of the boat: D E A L E R ship, and it probably was..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    friday morning i was a victim of road rage and this was less than a quarter mile from my home. I was so shocked because I was just minding my own business on my way to work and another motorist tried their level best to ram me as I was making a left hand turn. I had to jerk the wheel hard to the left to avoid being hit on the passenger side. and that was not enough for the other driver. He then sped up, passed me and proceeded to cut me off. over 20 years taking the same road to work and this is the first time this has happened.
    Just a question. If you were making a left hand turn, it seems that someone would come close to hitting you on the driver's side as they tried to pass you on the left. Is is possible you were making a right hand turn? If someone was on the right side of you, they would come close to hitting you on the passenger side.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Just a question. If you were making a left hand turn, it seems that someone would come close to hitting you on the driver's side as they tried to pass you on the left. Is is possible you were making a right hand turn? If someone was on the right side of you, they would come close to hitting you on the passenger side.

Mike
    not of theya re makig a right hand turn coming from the other direction. as i was making a left another car was also making a left. the driver that nearly rammed me was behind the left turning car. i was 90% through the turn when this driver decided to try and ram me....on the passenger side.

Around here you turning in front of him would have been failing to yield the right of way unless he was making a right turn on red.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Around here you turning in front of him would have been failing to yield the right of way unless he was making a right turn on red.
    he was behind another car turning left so in theory i had the right of way since he had not advanced far enough to begin his turn. but when he saw me turning ans as soon as the left turning car was gone he floored his car to point where he was almost in my back seat on the passenger side.

Still.....

I see more and more, what I call idiots, on the road weekly. We have a 6 lane road that runs right through the city. Speed limit 45. Can't seem to get people to do more than 30mph. Drives me insane. If you do 42, you can nail every stoplight for miles. If you do 30, you get caught by every one of them.

I try to be a nice driver, if I'm on the highway and I want to get over one lane, and I check the mirror and see someone coming up, I'll let them pass. However, what's happening these days, is if I try to get over, behind that car, the car behind me will get pissed and try to get around me. So they'll take the spot I'm waiting for, and then block the hole for me getting over. Then it's a vicious cycle, I can't get over because people are trying to get around me. If you try to be nice and drive decent, you'll get run over.

Then you have those people that, as soon as you put your signal on to change lanes, they speed up to keep you from getting in front of them. If you slow down to get behind them, then see above statement. If you speed up to get in front of them, they speed up. It's like you don't want me in front of you and you won't let me in behind you, so what is it exactly you'd like me to do?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Still.....
    I suppose, in the end, you have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I see more and more, what I call idiots, on the road weekly. We have a 6 lane road that runs right through the city. Speed limit 45. Can't seem to get people to do more than 30mph. Drives me insane. If you do 42, you can nail every stoplight for miles. If you do 30, you get caught by every one of them.

I try to be a nice driver, if I'm on the highway and I want to get over one lane, and I check the mirror and see someone coming up, I'll let them pass. However, what's happening these days, is if I try to get over, behind that car, the car behind me will get pissed and try to get around me. So they'll take the spot I'm waiting for, and then block the hole for me getting over. Then it's a vicious cycle, I can't get over because people are trying to get around me. If you try to be nice and drive decent, you'll get run over.

Then you have those people that, as soon as you put your signal on to change lanes, they speed up to keep you from getting in front of them. If you slow down to get behind them, then see above statement. If you speed up to get in front of them, they speed up. It's like you don't want me in front of you and you won't let me in behind you, so what is it exactly you'd like me to do?
    many idiots on the roads these days....many.

don't sweat the other driver habits, their driving style are a
    good indicator of their character

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    he was behind another car turning left so in theory i had the right of way since he had not advanced far enough to begin his turn. but when he saw me turning ans as soon as the left turning car was gone he floored his car to point where he was almost in my back seat on the passenger side.
    Around here, if you got there first and there would be nobody in front of the guy, they'd call that a "pittsburgh left".

People who have to make a quick left always make a presumptuous turn quickly before the people who actually have the right of way go.

In your case, though, it sounds like the guy thought that he was going to be able to make the turn before you, regardless of whether he was actually at the intersection, and when you got into it first, he wasn't satisfied that he couldn't beat you there.

Too bad you couldn't bear spray him.

I've seen thousands of pittsburgh lefts, and no matter how much of a hurry i'm in, the worst I've ever thought was "wow, that was presumptuous".

What you need is a road rage detterent vehicle.... which I have.
    I installed an additional "road rage detterent attachment" to to front of it also.

Very effective. Also makes switching lanes easier.

"And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

let me guess, snow plow ?