Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: road rage

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    I suppose, in the end, you have a point.
    There may be a legal point here, but it does not excuse the action. He obviously saw you, and instead of just politely waiting, actually sped up. Sometimes the deteriorating lack of civility in this country amazes me.

Just drive a 43 foot motorhome pulling a 20 foot trailer and nobody will mess with you. Seriously, people tend to get out of my way as soon as I turn on the turn signal. I was merging onto a very crowded freeway recently and I was surprised that cars actually let me in. I guess they were smart and realized who would win in a collision. Sometimes when my friends drive my motorhome they will start creeping over into the next lane if a car won't let them over. They generally get the hint.

The worst incident ever on the road was when I was on a two lane highway. A Ford Explorer pulled over and stopped in a lane for bypassing left turning vehicles. I continued straight and this moron did a U turn right in front of me. I had to make a sudden left turn at 60 MPH onto the side street to avoid hitting the vehicle. I was lucky to be in my VW Golf instead of my 1 ton truck. My truck probably would have run right into the other vehicle.

Don't mean to highjack the thread but Ted is that a custom bumper and guard or a stock item? My father just hit another deer today for about the 6th time and I am getting tired of replacing the grille and headlights. That would make a great deer deterrent.

Rage?

Ted, looks like you have anti-road-rage tires and suspension as well.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers, Rory

Quote Originally Posted by George Skinner View Post
    Don't mean to highjack the thread but Ted is that a custom bumper and guard or a stock item? My father just hit another deer today for about the 6th time and I am getting tired of replacing the grille and headlights. That would make a great deer deterrent.
    George,
    It's a stock Ranch Hand Bumper that I had Powder Coated white, as they come in any color you want as long as it's black!
    I had this installed after I hit my first deer and $4K worth of damage.
    "And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

Quote Originally Posted by Rory Talkington View Post
    Ted, looks like you have anti-road-rage tires and suspension as well.....
    Yes Rory it has a bit of a lift to it. I'm 2 inches shy of 7 foot tall, most parking garages are at 7 foot, which is the height of the last three garages where I was working.
    It's a great deterrent....
    "And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

Thanks Ted, will look it up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Skinner View Post
    That would make a great deer deterrent.
    Sure, and it has the advantage of automatically turning the deer into hamburger, conveniently delivered to your radiator in minced form.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Blog Entries
    There's lot of frustration out there at this point in history. Some of it comes out on the road. Certainly doesn't make it right but, it makes me more cautious out there. There seems to be some kind of force field around my town. Perfectly normal people become idiots behind the wheel once they enter the city limits.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Real Road Rage

I can tell you about "Road Rage." I am an RN and I do home health work.
    One day, as I waved a lady across the street to turn left in front of me, an air horn blasted behind me. The next thing I knew a car was along side of me. The driver yelled "You Honkey #$&** and proceeded to speak in words I could not understand. Then his passenger stuck an auto loader out the window and pointed at me.
    I was not scared. Not that I am brave but I could not process all of it at that moment.
    I turned onto the street to my right and went on down the road. I looked in my mirror and saw that they had gone the other way.
    About two blocks down the street it all hit me and I had to stop and open the door to vomit.
    I told the cop that I had done the right thing, I was alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    let me guess, snow plow ?
    Cow Catcher!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Cow Catcher!
    Paint a few black spots and it'll only be good for Holsteins
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Still.....
    Maybe so but is it worth having a wreck to prove your point? That is something I just don't understand. I've seen lots of people here in Houston put a $30K+ vehicle at risk to either"teach you a lesson" or gain a 2 second edge on the rest of the traffic.

I wasn't saying that but pointing out that it probably wasn't totally unprovoked. Had it been the other guy who came here and posted about the jerk in a hurry who made a left turn right in front of him because he couldn't wait 10 seconds for traffic to clear the reaction still would have been the same.

Personally I'm always leery of a left turn in this exact situation.You just never know what that next car in line is going to do. They very well might not even see you--they could be watching the car in front of them, making sure they are clear enough to proceed etc and never look to see if someone is violating their right of way. The trickiest is when you are opposed to someone else of the same mind. Neither wants to go because they are afraid of what the next guy is going to do.

A 'Pittsburgh left' is something I have never heard of in Texas.

In your scenario in Texas you would clearly be at fault if the oncoming vehicle hit you, even as much of a jerk as the person may be for speeding up.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"