Thread: Doll crib project.

Doll crib project.

Granddaughter wants a doll crib for Christmas. Her mom sent this pic of one she likes from an internet store.
    doll crib.jpg

I made a turned post crib from walnut, using the size listed on the stores website of 17W x 30 L x 37 H.

IMG_3406.JPG

"When off the shelf just won't do". Great job on this project! Even better than the inspiration piece. Your granddaughter will now have an heirloom to pass onto her kids. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Making small scale furniture will certainly challenge your woodworking skills. It looks like a great job from where I sit.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Great looking crib. Is that for American Girl? I have an order from Granddaughter for Kit's scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    Great looking crib. Is that for American Girl? I have an order from Granddaughter for Kit's scooter.
    Yes, and last year she got a doll bed and an armoire. But when a friend comes over over to play dolls, the girls need more furniture to play with.I have another granddaughter, who is 9 and she announced at thanksgiving she wants a doll bunk bed, cause she has two American girl dolls!
    IMG_1474.JPG

Bryan,
    Did you have plans these? My daughter is going to want one in about 4 days
    Thank you,
    Scott Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gibbons View Post
    Bryan,
    Did you have plans these? My daughter is going to want one in about 4 days
    Made up a sketch of the armoire , made pieces to fit the box as I built it. The bed, is a miniature version of one on the Shopsmith site. That's a free plan. The crib, I used the same post plan from Shopsmith site, enlarging the pattern to make bed post a 2x2, the rest just made it up as I went along. I used the basic size of the one from the store, which is 17W x40T x 30.5 L.
    a more detailed W.I.P. how to posted at this forum
    http://www.gordgraff.com/forum/showt...I.P.-Doll-Crib
    Last edited by Bryan Cowing; 12-22-2010 at 6:14 AM.

Thank you very much! Have a Merry Christmas!
    Thank you,
    Scott Gibbons