Thread: Grizzly G0698 Update

Grizzly G0698 Update

Well I cancelled my order for the Grizz today after another slip in the shipping date: it's December now. I placed a bid on ebay for a 2 HP Delta 16" Variable Speed Wood Lathe 46-755X and won. This seems like a good lathe, pictures looked nice, owner claims to have only used it about 10 times and the price was certainly right. It has all the bells and whistles that the Grizz has only two inches short on the swing and 5 inches short on the spindle. The specs read simular to the Jet 1642. Only bad thing is that I have to drive up to Evansville, IN to pick it up. That's 430 miles from my house in Georgia. I hope I don't regreat this decision.

2. Congrats Bill, that is the same lathe that Norm Abrams used to turn his furniture legs and some bowls on the New Yankee Workshop TV program on PBS.

I guess Grizzly is having to deal with all the shipping issues from china. Their customer service is usually superb, but I guess they don't have control over all this......

Good luck with your new [for you] Delta!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Congrats Bill. Sounds like a nice drive up and back but would do it before the white stuff starts flying.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I was following that auction on e-bay. Glad to see a Creeker won it. Give us a report on the new lathe when you get it set up.

Congrats on your new lathe Bill! Looking forward to seeing the photos!

Have a safe trip!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Just went on E-Bay to see what you bought and I think you got a great deal. It looks like new so it must have been well cared for.

Congratulations.

Bill, I owned the same lathe for almost 2 years and never had any problems. The tube construction allows for filling them all with ballast material. I used plugs from a steel fabricating shop. The head also slides. I don't think you will regret it.
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE