Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What tools did you receive as gifts? (with pictures please)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Beck
    Rod's gloat left some bruises but I got some nice goodies from Santa LOML (love the Lee Valley wish list) and an earlier "tool" for another of my hobbies.

Sweet. Hornady Lock-n-Load progressive, right? Have you had a chance to use it yet?

Monte

Good Christmas for me. Prices make it even better.

Hitachi m12v for $129

Kreg Pro pack for $129

Freud 13 piece 1/2" router bit set $159

Leigh D4 Dovetail Jig $302

All prices delivered. Whew! It's been a wild ride .

AG

My niece and nephews got me this for christmas. It's 12 inches long and 1 inch in diameter. Now I need to find a Big sharpener for it

Festool MFT (large), jigsaw, and plunge saw (sorry, no pic's). I also used my Tormek for the first time yesterday with the large knife sharpening jig - worked incredibly well. Dave.

2 things I wanted

Santa brought 2 gifts I wanted ... turning books and a new banjo.

-- joe
    (hope the 2 picts uploaded correctly)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lathe & Sander

My LOML got me a midi lathe and my daughter got me a PC333 sander. Sorry no pics as the lathe is on B/O till Jan.

Wow, lots of good stuff here.

The last couple of Christmas' we've been in transition. Either moving out or in to a house. As a result, we have been pretty tight at Christmas. So, this year we got a little out of control.
    My birthday is also in December, so the gifts sort of run together.

I got:
    - Jet 12" Disc sander (benchtop model)
    - Veritas LA smoother and HA blade
    - Veritas Flat spokeshave
    - Infinity rail/stile set with bevel profile
    - Veritas bench bolts
    - Veritas 24" steel straight edge
    - Etymotic ER6 earplug headphones

The disc sander is bigger than I expected (not the disc itself, but the beast as a whole).
    The earplug headphones are fantastic with the iPod.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Got cash from my Mom to support my woodworking habit and my mentor and his wife gave me a Lee Valley Scraper Plane. Problem is, it's to cold and snowy to go out in the shop and try it out so I have it sitting on the kitchen table where I can fondle it once in while as I walk by! 6" of snow and coming down like crazy here. The birds knew and told us long before the weatherman even considered this storm!

have to pick it up after new years but A MUCH needed addition

Quote Originally Posted by Monte Milanuk

Sweet. Hornady Lock-n-Load progressive, right? Have you had a chance to use it yet?

Monte
    I've set the press up and adjusted the dies for a few calibers I reload but I haven't really ran many shells through it. I reloaded for many years with a Dillon 550 but I like the LNL better so far.

I did do some wood working beefing up the stand the press is mounted to. It was fine for my simple single stage press and my shotgun shell reloaders but it was flexing a bit with my new press.

WOW! That's a big saw!! You guys made out like bandits! I got $100 in Rockler gift cards aside from the 1023S & slider my wife bought me for an early Christmas in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Plesums
    I got a MiniMax CU410 Elite combo machine ...
    Wow!!! Talk about a GLOAT!!!

You lucky guy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie Grammon
    Good Christmas for me. Prices make it even better.

Hitachi m12v for $129

AG
    Arnie,

Where did you find the M12V for $129? The rest of us thought we got a good deal at $159.

In any case, congratulations!

Regards,
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Christmas?

It's hard for me to say -- this entire year has been like Christmas for me! Starting back around the first of the year, I began replacing some older items and buying new tools I never had. Call it what you will, with this year being #60 on the birthday scale I was trying to get serious about 'retiring' -- it's really been more like retired as in 're-tired' -- tired all over again!

Beginning with some Jet equipment in January: 10" cabinet saw, 12" disc sander, benchtop spindle sander. (I already had a Jet 6" jointer and Delta 12.5" planer) Miscellaneous smaller items throughout the year, then a Grizzly G0513 17" bandsaw in August for my birthday followed closely by a Grizzly sharpening center. A ton of other items since then like a set of Grip-Tite featherboards; an M12V router is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. Also to be delivered soon is a branding iron, purchased at SWMBO's insistence.

Anyway, this year Christmas became a little anti-climactic but I did get the requisite cologne and a few other goodies.

Happy Hew Year everyone!!!
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold
    Arnie,

Where did you find the M12V for $129? The rest of us thought we got a good deal at $159.

In any case, congratulations!

Regards,
    Amazon/Tool Crib had a sale for about two days a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure how they price things, but what happened is I bought it at $149, but then found out about the $129 price and gave them a call to see if they would honor the lower price.......they did! In any case, I think it's a great buy at $149 or $159 or whatever. Great router.

AG