First, I think most of us have an fantasy level of expectation and a reality based level of the same. Most people buy the best machine/tool they are willing/can afford and there is the expectation that the machine/tool will be "perfect" out of the box, but there is also depending on the person and the price level a "real" expectation and understanding that things aren't perfect. I think the accurate portrayal is the point in the QC curve we as an individual get seriously frustrated or angry. I often think this level of "perfection" moves with how much one pushed their budget. For an analogy look at the car world: A person goes out and buys two cars, one a Kia Rio and one a Porsche 911 GT3RS, after 5,000 miles both drop a valve and their engines are ruined. Both companies tow the car, give a loaner and the cars have new engines installed and are back in two weeks with no money out of pocket. More often than not that owner will be more satisfied with the product from Kia and be significantly less happy with Porsche because it "shouldn't" have happened to the Porsche.

In the end I never expect perfection because as a symantic exercise it does not exist in man made products. I do however expect it to work within resonable woodworking tolerances, and if it doesn't I expect it to be fixed. Finally, I think it is a great time to be a woodworker, I would argue you can get more quality and capacity for your inflation adjusted dollar than any time in history, this may on occasion cause a little more frustration and anger as manufacturers try to balance features, price and quality control as long as the more for less push is coming from the consumers we are going to have to deal with less than "perfect" machines and in some cases a real lemon.

I do think it is interesting that I have not seen any manufacturer or third party extended service contracts, although I as a rule never buy them the fact they don't exist for machines makes be go HMMMMMM. Do BORGS offer them on their machines? I haven't bought a machine from them so I don't know if they have them for their machines or not.