Thread: New bigger Nova lathe coming??

New bigger Nova lathe coming??

I just heard through the unofficial grapevine, that there was a new bigger, heavier Nova coming out to compete with the PM3520. I was talking to a friend and mentioned that I was planning on getting a PM3520 next year. He suggested that I should perhaps wait until I see the new Nova. It should be 2 hp and a 20 inch swing and LESS EXPENSIVE THAN THE PM3520-Not as heavy though.

HAS ANYBODY HEARD ANYTHING??

I have talked with someone that has seen it and says it develops over 3HP of course it is a DVR style head. It is supposed to be a pretty serious machine. I heard it should be officially announced later this year or the first of next.

Alan

My friend says it will produce 4 horse power at slow rpm's.

It sounds pretty cool for us DVR fans.

Alan

Alan,
    Is there any pictures out there?

I'll be watching for this!

No, The guy that saw it did not have a camera or even his phone with him. He says it looks pretty neat.

Alan

interssting........ will be looking for this.
    Rasmus Petersen - woodturning.dk.
    Itīs not a failure itīs a design opportunity

What's a DVR style head? Something Variable speed Reversing?

Frank, Go to Teknatool international website and check out the features on the DVR.

In case you were wondering, "DVR" is shorthand for their "Digital Variable Reluctance" motor. Visit Teknatool.com for more information on this rather unique motor and controller.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

Thanks, guys, I just went to the Teknatool site; I've got a couple of their Nova chucks but haven't seen their lathes in person.

This new one seems interesting, but the 24" standard between centers is pretty small; I know you can get add-on beds, but still.....