Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Holiday Pricing?

Grizzly Holiday Pricing?

A G0453 planer will be my first purchase from Grizzly so I am unfamiliar with their Holiday pricing. Am I looking at it already? The website doesn't look too "Christmassy" just yet.

Agreed Dewayne. A 453Z would be in the shopping cart if it was in the sale. I may still purchase in 2011...though I stopped by Woodcraft and looked hard at Powermatic. I scanned around the sale and didn't see anything different than was on sale prior to the sale?

The 0453 is on sale now in the Christmas cat. for $925, down from $995.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf View Post
    The 0453 is on sale now in the Christmas cat. for $925, down from $995.

Richard
    I wasn't sure if that was a holiday sale, or if it was priced like that most of the time.

Last Christmas they had good sale prices and free shipping on a lot of items, but it was advertised only in Wood magazine, as I recall. Even the website had higher prices. You needed the code from the magazine to get the low prices. I was hoping for a repeat this year to pick up bandsaw, but if not, I can wait.

I received their Christmas catalog in the mail yesterday. Shows the G0453 at $925 and the new Polar version G0453P at an intro price of $898. Specs look the same on both, with different handwheels and power switches.

15" Grizzly Planer

the Dec issue of Wooworkers journal has the sale items just inside the cover ... with a 5% off your entire order coupon. the 453P and PX are both shown ... and a couple of bandsaws as well.

Anyone have experience with the Grizzly 15" planers? better than the 12"-13" table top units from Dewalt, Delta, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Horky View Post
    the Dec issue of Wooworkers journal has the sale items just inside the cover ... with a 5% off your entire order coupon. the 453P and PX are both shown ... and a couple of bandsaws as well.

Anyone have experience with the Grizzly 15" planers? better than the 12"-13" table top units from Dewalt, Delta, etc?

I traded in a Delta 22-580 lunchbox planer for a G0453Z 15" spiral head planer. The reduction in noise alone is worth the upgrade. Then there is the spiral head and the larger hp for bigger cuts. I have only had mine since August, but I don't have any regrets.

are you pleased with the Grizzly spiral? wondering how it compares to the Byrd version.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Horky View Post
    are you pleased with the Grizzly spiral? wondering how it compares to the Byrd version.
    I have a Byrd in my jointer and a Grizzly in my planer. I can't tell any difference.

Polar bear series

The G0453P says it is the "same as the G0453 except for the dazzling white color" and it is $898.

Pat

Heck, I'd just like to get a catalog or flyer once in a while from Grizzly. You would think after spending over 4 grand on tools from them, my address would be on their list. I didn't even get a catalog with my order and had to call and ask for one. that was in 2008. Since then, I've not received a thing from them. Does anyone else have this problem with Grizzly?

Now I'm thoroughly impressed! I just received a call from Jenn at Grizzly Customer Service and she or another representative must have read my post. She explained what the problem was (2 different spellings of my street name) and has corrected the problem. She then went on to say the newest catalog and Christmas catalog are being sent to me tomorrow. Now that's what I call amazing Customer Service!

Ummm... Wow!

Rob, I was a little surprised till i read your "updated" thread. Glad to hear your getting the catalogs. I look forward to those every year myself, and currently the only grizz i have is a 12" benchtop disk sander. That may change with income tax refund in February i hope!