Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dazzling white on sale...what's the deal

Dazzling white on sale...what's the deal

So, the dazzling white grizzly's are on sale and have been for awhile. Did they overstock on those? Not sure I'm a fan of that change...but heck if the tool works the same, not sure color matters.

What do you think the strategy is?

I saw that and don't have a clue why a white tool would have a reduced price. Your guess is as good as any I could come up with.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Introductory pricing on the new Polar Bear white. Appliances come in lot's of colors too so why not.

I think the Polar Bear series are similar to the normal green, but maybe slightly different features, therefore, different price points. But yes, I believe that the intro pricing is part of it. Just like last year, the new 690/1 table saws were reduced in price. More options for all of us to get the particular set up we are dreaming of! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    I think the Polar Bear series are similar to the normal green, but maybe slightly different features, therefore, different price points. But yes, I believe that the intro pricing is part of it. Just like last year, the new 690/1 table saws were reduced in price. More options for all of us to get the particular set up we are dreaming of! Jim.
    First, I'm a grizz supporter. And I can agree with your thoughts, but when it says it's "identical" to the green version and from the pictures olnine, little things like the handle are different...makes me wonder what else is identical.

I can see some manufacturing savings for a new line and price it accordingly to provide value choices for customers. I was curious if the color change was a marketing approach or whether the polor bear had changes to the design that is not evident by the advertisements.

Could still be substantially just a color change to attract new customers. I'm just not able to evaluate manufacturing or marketing changes from afar.

Just wondering if maybe these are all out of China as opposed to Taiwan?

I believe some of the new white tools have minor upgrades. The tools I looked at were advertised as virtually identical though, with the little differences listed. I would speculate the changes will become part of the green series tools as the old parts stock is depleted. That is how it would happen if I was Mr Grizzly anyway.

Here is an old thread from when the white machines were first introduced:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=141827

Shiraz made some comments in it, so maybe it will answer your questions.

Blog Entries
    To quote Shiraz from this discussion back in June:

"As a matter of clarification for everyone out there - this new series of machines is the Polar Bear series, and they remain a part of Grizzly. In other words, you will find both a Polar Bear label as well as a Grizzly nameplate on these machines."

The introductory price has been out for awhile. The fact that the OP is just asking about it explains why; just because Tom, Dick and Harry know about them, maybe Fred and Barney don't. No indication of how long the intro prices will last but several folks have saved a few bucks by taking advantage of the "stimulus" offering. I would have bought one myself but overlapping sales made the G0453Z a few bucks less than the intro priced G0453PX at the time I made the purchase. Otherwise, mine would be white.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 11-04-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Of interest is the G0453X versus the G0453PX. Anyone have the PX?

Not sure of all the confusion. I looked at 1/2 dozen or so Polar series and all of them say in the first line.
    This machine is identical to our model Gxxxx with the exception of the dazzling white color and incredible introductory price .

So if Grizzly says "Identical" then it's identical just painted white. Why white? Maybe testing the water for a new color for the Grizzly line???? Maybe a new line to replace the Shopfox line in retail stores?????
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Not sure of all the confusion. I looked at 1/2 dozen or so Polar series and all of them say in the first line.
    This machine is identical to our model Gxxxx with the exception of the dazzling white color and incredible introductory price .

So if Grizzly says "Identical" then it's identical just painted white....
    It does say that for the G0453 Planer too Dave. But the switch is different. The white also has a switch arm, the green does not. Probably no big differences but identical they are not. Unless the catalog pictures are inaccurate.

Justin,

While the handles do appear different, the spec sheet appears the same.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Yeah, maybe in this case "identical" means from a spec standpoint...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I guess they are not identical. The Polar series has a "P" on the end of the model number.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale