Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good morning

Smile good morning

Good morning everyone, I write from Italy and I apologize for my bad English, I wanted this forum to learn this beautiful art that fascinates me a long time, I started turning wood for about seven months, all I can do (very little) I learned in the forums and watching videos on youtube, but now I feel that I need to start a course to begin learning something truly better, so I decided to enroll early in a course at the Turning school which is near Venice (where I live) in Verona, from the Master Claude Arragon, these are photos of some of my work, good chips at all ..!! ..

"mogano sipo" plate unique piece (21,65" ) 55 cm

little bowl linden wood

little plate spalted oak

olive jar

small bowl in olive

Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-04-2010 at 8:58 PM.

Welcome Francesco!

You show much talent and good luck with your teacher!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Holy Cow!! Those are very nice indeed! I really like the first plate and the olive jar!

That's very, very nice! Love your woods, colors and grain. Welcome aboard!

Hi, we must have a large time differance but turning minds minds are turning minds, enjoy

Welcome Francesco! Those are some really nice turnings.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Buongiorno!! And why did you need lessons? Tell us about what kind of equipment you have over there and keep posting pictures!!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Welcome, Francesco. You do some beautiful work! Thanks for showing.

Francesco - Welcome to the Creek!

I enjoyed seeing your turnings and really like the large platter!

If you are able to take lessons from Claude Arragon - then you are in good hands! Claude stops in here every once in a while and treats us with his artwork! Amazing turner! Have fun with your lessons!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

thanks everyone, I need to go to school because I learn better technique, if you play an instrument and you studied music, you play better, as equipment used for turning gouges Hamlet and Sorby, little brother use to dig deep to hamlet, I have a lathe Vicmarc VL300 with VM100 and VM120 for large pieces, a small band saw, a small thickness planer, a JET dust extractor, and a good amount of wood for the winter, since my work in Winter is quiet, I would like to purchase a grader to test the segmented, but I'm not sure I have the patience, thanks again to all ...

... .. I'm lucky to live to 150 miles from the school of Master Claude, I will make one of his classes, sorry for the bad English, I help with google ...

Welcome Francesco...Abbiamo vissuto a Vicenza per 7 anni. Hope to see more of your work soon.

What a treat to have you join us, Francesco!! Some very nice work - especially the bowl from olive and air!!

Welcome! I hope your lessons go well, and I look forward to seeing your upcoming turnings.

... TED.. seven years away from their homeland are so many ... hope you had a good feeling ...
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome ... but now I go to sleep because here are the three PM ... the time zone does not forgive .. ah ah ...