Thread: Inexpensive hardware (knobs/pulls/hinges)

Inexpensive hardware (knobs/pulls/hinges)

A bank just gave me a repo'd house to fix up and I need some options for hardware. Before the people left, they took all of the cabinet doors (kitchen, TV builtin, and laundry). As if that was not enough, they took all of the hardware off of the drawers. On the plus side, they did not take the drawer fronts.

I am sure that it used to have arch panels, but the bank does not want to pay for that. So, I offered some reasonable shaker style doors which I can knock out pretty quickly.

My issue now is trying to find some inexpensive hinges and knobs/pulls (that match). With Blum hinges and Amrock pulls/knobs the hardware is costing more than the door.

Does anyone know of a good source for "Builder's grade" hardware?

dlawlesshardware.com I use them whenever I need to stock up on hinges and knobs and wooden appliques. Orders over $50 gets free shipping. Just as an example I picked up a box of 25 pairs of drawer slides for $25. They stock a lot of Liberty hardware. Perfect "builder" quality hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Eads View Post
    dlawlesshardware.com I use them whenever I need to stock up on hinges and knobs and wooden appliques. Orders over $50 gets free shipping. Just as an example I picked up a box of 25 pairs of drawer slides for $25. They stock a lot of Liberty hardware. Perfect "builder" quality hardware.
    They do look to have great prices.
    Anyone else have experience with this company?
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the bank gave you a house to fix?? You mean they are hiring you to do the work? How does a door cost less than $10? I sure hope that you are charging more than that per door.

Home Depot also carries some Liberty hardware in multi packs.
    European 110 degree full overlay hinges ( I have used these hinges, and they work OK, though not the same qualtity as Blum)
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
    Satin nickel 1 1/4 inch knob
    http://www.homedepot.com/Liberty/h_d...atalogId=10053