Thread: Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day

To all of our Veterans, Happy Veterans Day. Truly thank you for our freedom and your service. I will never forget your noble sacrifice you made for every American and for our country.
    Jeff
    "There's is only one way to turn wood....Safely"

Happy Veterans Day. A great big thank you to everyone.

That's very kind of you. Being a vet (the one we lost) I have always felt that we should have a new law that allows any vet to go into any restaurant on veteran's day and order any meal on the menu and not be charged. The president and cabinet and all corporate CEO's should forgo their salaries for that day to cover the cost. Think it'll fly? I sure could go for a nice steak...
    David DeCristoforo

Thank You and thanks to all who have or are now serving in our Armed Forces.
    Wes

"Never believe everything you think"

Blog Entries
    I like your idea David. I'm seeing on TV that the Golden Corral resteraunt is doing free suppers for vets on veterans day. Hopefully its an idea that will catch on with other resteraunts.

To all the vets thank you very much for serving our country.

PHM

I enjoyed breakfast at Hy Vee this morning for free and even got a veteran sticker. It was very good. Lots of veterans there as well, most with their wives. Hy Vee is a midwest grocery chain that has a restaurant in the store.

As a Vet myself, thank you for remembering and from me to all our other vets Thank you for your service and your sacrifice, I salute you!
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

"...the Golden Corral resteraunt is doing free suppers..."

Do they have steaks? I'll be right over...
    David DeCristoforo

Excellent idea.

One of my uncles was a self made man, very wealthy. He was also a Marine as a young man, and he never forgot his roots. He contributed a lot of money to a nonprofit that helped provide extra equipment to units in Iraq. I think he donated more than a few days' salaries, and he always felt he didn't do enough. I don't know if men make the Service, or service makes the Man. Maybe it's both.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

funny thing about veterans day, kids are off of school, post office and banks shut down, but on the job site today, there was just me and one other guy working out tails off. he was a marine vet from the first iraq ordeal, and i am a Navy vet.

seems like vet day is great, accept for the vets i know.

well, at least it was a quiet day on the job.

Golden Corral is Monday after Veterans Day. Applebee's was today. Steak at both...
    Wore my 'Vietnam Vet' hat today as I thought it might help some remember our other vets.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Thanks to those who served......We will remember those who paid the ultimate price.

I had a great day today. We went to my grandsons school where we were served lunch and ate with the children. The child who had a veteran there gave that veteran a rose, a thank you card and a flag. It was extremely touching to all of the vets who were there.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I carpool to several woodturning meetings with a couple of other woodturning buddies who are also veterans. We had a free lunch at Applebees today and had a free dinner at Chile's tonight on the way to a woodturning meeting.

Life is good!
    God is great and life is good!