Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bosch 1587vs

Dave, I posted the part number in my reply. Just go to the Ereplacement site and type in your model number. Or, if I can do it here - I'll try.
    www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-1587vs-0601587639-clic-jig-saw-parts-c-128_1098_1107.html

scroll down until you find the item number 826. I placed the order from there. Click on the photo icon to see what comes with the kit. This was all I needed to fix mine.

I have the same saw and the same thing happens. Doesn't affect blade changing for me. I just figure it can be popped off if you pull to hard but it doesn't seem to break anything.

Happened first time because I didn't know what I was doing, must have broken a plastic tab or something but I can pop it back in and still turn the handle and engage/disengage the blade lock.

Saw works like dream for me. I had a DeWalt before.... Big improvement.

I agree. I probably pulled up on it to hard at some point as well. The new parts work smoothly now where as the original seemed to stick when pulling up and rotating. Now everything is good - except that I don't have a good enough excuse to buy the 1591 with its new features.