Thread: Hi! New to SMC, hello with photos

Hi! New to SMC, hello with photos

Hi everyone,

I've lurked around from time to time, and finally joined. I don't know the first-time-post protocol around here. I have a mixed shop that definitely consumes electrons, but I love my hand tools. So by way of introduction, I thought I'd post a few photos of some that I have made. I'll visit this forum when I can, and who knows, maybe I can contribute something useful from time to time. (I hope it's ok to post this many pics! I didn't see anything against it in the FAQs.) Great forum, I look forward to more time here.

Aram
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice way to come aboard snazy tools. thanks for sharing.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    It looks like you know your way around hand tools.
    Welcome to SMC!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Hi Aram,

Welcome to the Creek, as they say. Nothing wrong with just jumping right in with a pile of nice looking "handmade" tools.

I'm a bit partial to saws....tell us about your DT saw

Catchyalater,
    Marv

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better."

~Maya Angelou~

Quote Originally Posted by Marv Werner View Post
    Hi Aram,

Welcome to the Creek, as they say. Nothing wrong with just jumping right in with a pile of nice looking "handmade" tools.

I'm a bit partial to saws....tell us about your DT saw
    Thank you, Marv. That's the least hand-made of all of them. It's the Gramercy DT saw. I made the handle and banged the spine I bought onto the blade I bought. Some day, I'll get the guts (and time) to make a saw blade from a piece of steel.

Eh, maybe.

Wow! What a first post!
    Welcome..
    In the the many years on different forums, I have not encountered such an awesome 'Hello' post. Those tools as well as the pics look awesome. What camera/lens/light?
    And how many years in this hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwini Kaul View Post
    Wow! What a first post!
    Welcome..
    In the the many years on different forums, I have not encountered such an awesome 'Hello' post. Those tools as well as the pics look awesome. What camera/lens/light?
    And how many years in this hobby?
    Well, thank you! I look at top craftsmen and see what's possible, and I know I have years of learning ahead. (Which is the point, no?) But I think these did come out fairly well. I've been a hobbiest ww-er for, er um, about 5-6 years I think.

I have some Nikon gear, a D300. I probably shot these w/the 24-70. On a tripod with room lights, or with a Nikon flash, + umbrella or bounce off high walls kinda thing.

I love the design of your planes. They look like a bunch of cars cruising the strip.

Blog Entries
    Aram,

Welcome to the Creek. Great work. And most of us like pictures. I think the limit is still 8 per post. So, if you need to show more, just break it up into two posts.

Hope to see more of your work, It looks better than most of mine.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Welcome to the Creek Aram. Nice way to make a splash...
    Looking forward to seeing more of your work.