Thread: Mail from the troops added to web site

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Mail from the troops added to web site

I have been delinquent in keeping up with the mail from the troops web page lately. for that I apologize.

I have updated the page with 12 e-mails posted here on the forum this month and some others which were sent to me. E-mails on the page now total 95 and make some interesting reading along with a few photos.

If anyone has mail from the troops please e-mail to me and I will add to the page.

MIA Mail Message

Hi Ken,

I posted this one on the 8th of December and it appears to have slipped through the cracks. I know how busy this time of year gets and really appreciate all your efforts. May you and yours have a happy and healthy new year. God Bless!

Greetings Mr. Bingham,

I just wanted to let you know that I am the recipient of your kind donation to the freedom pens project. I am currently deployed to USNAVCENTCOM/US FIFTH FLEET in the Kingdom of Bahrain just off of Saudi Arabia and about 390 miles south of Iraq. We do all the planning and execution of defense of Iraqi oil infrastructure. We recently thwarted an attempt to destroy Iraq's Main oil distribution points (the only source of economic income to Iraq). The terrorists were defeated in their attempt, however we lost 2 Sailors and a Coast Guardsmen in the process.

It is tough being away from home, but also knowing that we are helping people to make a better life is important. We have a "long row to hoe" but on several trips to Iraq to places you don't hear about in the news like Um Qasar and Bazarah things are truly better and the people know it. So knowing that great Americans like yourself support us is quite comforting. A great BIG "Thank you!" for Your pen, it is greatly appreciated, it sure beats those generic black plastic government pens we usually use. When I write my wife and two boys I have you to thank. Have a great holiday season and God Bless.

Warm Regards

name rmoved, CDR USN

"Jacksonville, FL"

<!-- / message -->

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Bingham
    Hi Ken,

I posted this one on the 8th of December and it appears to have slipped through the cracks.
    <!-- / message -->
    Sorry I missed that one - I added it to the web page this morning.

Thanks