Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JDS ceramic mugs - wow!

Wink

Wow, now my stupid question made me feel even stupider. Carry on folks, nothing to see here.
    I have worked for QuickTrophy LLC since 2006.
    Trotec Speedy 360, 3 Universal PLS 360's, 1 M-360, and VLS 230
    We also do color work using a Mimaki UJF-3042Fx and Sublimation Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by matt heinzel View Post
    Wow, now my stupid question made me feel even stupider. Carry on folks, nothing to see here.
    Thanks, Matt, I needed a good chuckle!
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I've found some glass items like the old green coca cola glasses, coasters (big glass ones), smaller glasses (almost big shot glasses) and a couple other things at Dollar Tree. They also offer a large qty purchase for most of it.

I'm using most of these items to show Real Estate Agents, Mortgage Brokers, Title Companies, and others who give house warming gifts - small inexpensive items that can be detailed for both the new homeowner and also advertising for the giver. Many seem to balk at gifts in the $25 + range; so doing dollar items with the laser / profit markup = inexpensive gift.
    Terry L. Swift
    Universal M-300 / (upgraded) to 50 Watt
    CorelDraw X4 & X6 / Photograv / Photoshop CS, etc.
    Ricoh SG3110DN Dye Sub 8.5" x 14" Printer / Stahl Maxx 16" x 20" Heat Press

I bought some of The square mugs and they look nice. But one thing
    happens i notice a small white spot at the bottom and i tried to remove it with mi finger nails
    the finish color stars peling off I call the company And they send me replacements this happen on the blue square mugs. It seems the coating
    is not to strong as it looks I hope Iam wrong because the mugs engraved
    wonderfull.
    spirit gx 60w.

Made me think of this clip from the IT Crowd.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QNRafkeFVM
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Wow the colours on those mugs with not a scrap of bleeding, great job Dee. Very impressive, just a shame that if it were here by the time the packaging and posting is all done, they would probably be way too expensive. Regarding item on the rotary revolving or slipping, maybe adding a bit of weight to the inside by adding a small bag with sand in it can stop the slippage.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

I use the square ones for my military contracts they love them and I engrave comical sayings on the bottoms of them I also have to ask them if the recipient is left or right handed to make sure the saying on the bottom is right side up when drinking for others to see

Placement template

The Mug looks fantastic. Since I am a long term newbie I had not imagined
    the use use of a placement template for such things. That will surely expand my engraving possibilities.
    Emily Wilson

Epilog Mini 25 watt
    Corel Draw 4x
    PC and Apple user

Mug Update

Just for everyone's general info, I put the test mug through the dishwasher and it came out perfectly clean, no change in the color or staining/running/blurring. After soaking in black coffee for 1/2 hour, there are no stains.

One more thing I noticed, is that someone is selling the square ones on Amazon, engraved for $24. I wonder if they've gotten any orders at that price! I was thinking more like $10-12. What are the rest of you charging? Maybe I'm way off base.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I couldn't even figure a price.. I went to JDS but couldn't find them!

Can anybody post a link to the JDS mugs? or another source of inexpensive ceramic mugs...I am looking for green and red...cheap.

Thanks.

The number for LazerMug is LMG22 (red) and LMG24 (green), but they might not have them online - they didn't have them up there the last time I called in an order. I don't know of another company selling them, but I have gotten other ceramic items which do the same thing, all of them from Italy for some reason.
    ceramic laser.jpg
    I tried to use cermark on these and just blew away the red glaze.

edit: LaserMugs are $1.89 each if you buy a case of 36. They had a sale recently and I paid $1.52 each
    Last edited by Dee Gallo; 03-29-2011 at 2:13 PM.

Red Coin Mah Jong

The square mugs will fade with sun exposure. I had them in the window of my store and after about 6 months, I noticed the color fading. Needless to stay they are not in the window anymore. I started with the square because that's all they had. I etched my first "test" piece for my mother. One side had a grim reaper with balloons behind his back and the saying "I'm just here for the party" and the other side said "Happy 60th Birthday". I did etch the bottom with a heart and my name. I sell these at $8.50. I based the price on perceived value. Not many would pay more. I like the round ones better, but only have one currently.
    Dee, I love your design!
    Epilog 35 watt, Rotary Attachment, Corel X-3

Thanks Dee!

Do you guys have a JDS catalogue? There website leaves a little to be desired...I am new to the sport of lasering so many I am missing something.

Josh, call them 800-843-8853. You can get a catalog sent to you. It's a lot better for me to have an actual book to look at...but be warned, once they get you on their list, you'll get catalogs all the time, even when you already have one!

Red Coin Mah Jong