Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powermatic paint

My retirement shop, just trying to have a little fun, considering the hefty collection of PM tools in my shop. It is still a major work in progress though.

If I could find a "Bessey" banner I would dedicate the wall above it where the clamps are, since they will eventually extend to the end wall.

But seriously, back to the original question, if you look in the last picture, I color matched and painted the overarm guard for the table saw to match the PM color.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    You could also go to a regular paint store and color match.

And if you get it by the gallon you can do this......

Rob
    Rob thats just a teaser, we need some more pics! Great looking shop.

Rob - I hope you didn't leave out the electrical entrance.....

and the window valences.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    You could also go to a regular paint store and color match.

And if you get it by the gallon you can do this......

Rob

The wall with the electrical panel actually has an Delta 18" RAS (Gray) and an 80gal IR air compressor (Creme) and a bunch of Festool boxes (Green).

I don't think the PM mustard color would coordinate to well with them..... otherwise good idea.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    PM waited until the last batch of "Harvest Gold" appliance touch-up paint vanished, before choosing their new gold.
    When did they change?

Rob,
    That is unreal, I wouldnt know what to do in a place like that. Have you sent any images off to PM? They would have to be impressed.

If you dont mind me asking, when is retirement and from what? Thats a heck of an investment.

Very nice work though,... its so crisp and clean....
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    Rob,
    That is unreal, I wouldnt know what to do in a place like that. Have you sent any images off to PM? They would have to be impressed.
    Mark
    They would be especially impressed if you painted the Delta DP and sander mustard yellow too.

Kirk
    who has 3 PM machines in dark green or pea green...

"They would be especially impressed if you painted the Delta DP and sander mustard yellow too.z"

Wow, you must be psychic, I actually gave that at thought..but then figured I would end up having to paint the Delta RAS, the compressor, the Festool SCMS, the Dewalt scrollsaw, the OSS, the ....etc. then said , nope, too much work. (The DP is already a PM not a Delta.)

Mark, when I was at the Woodcraft a few weeks ago, the PM rep. was in the store and one of the employees told him about it, so I sent him some pictures. I haven't heard anything back from them. I did mention the third wall could use another PM logo sign, he said he would see if he could find one. I don't expect anything though. If I was a "Norm" or big name, maybe a few more tools might actually show up.

I guess the reality is that I probably have more PM tools in my shop than 99% of the retail stores across the country.

Rob

Bessey has their rectangular emblem...

Favorite color?

Rob, there is no hiding your favorite color. I know you are going to enjoy your retirement. Very nice shop.

Jerome, I have seen a few different ones. Not sure which would be the easiest to paint. A large banner from one of trade shows would be alot easier.

Tom, yeah, favorite color is white, the walls, the ceilings... or you meant the mustard color?

Rob

Mustard Yellow where?

Rob, there is a mustard yellow color in your shop? Really I didn't notice.

Lewis

Lewis- what type of paint did you use to paint the boom with? Is it metal? Where did you get the paint? I have a can of spray paint coming from a fellow creeker ( he was nice enough to send me an extra can he had). I am going to give it a try but was curious if that doesn't work. THanks!
    Josh