Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powermatic paint

Powermatic paint

I had a small disaster. I knocked a metal shelf over and it slammed into the side of my brand new Powermatic PM2000 table saw. It didn't do any serious damage, just scrathed the paint in a few places. I was wondering if anyone has a formula or suggestions for getting the mustard yellow color of paint so I can fix it. Thanks everyone!

Maybe this (Powermatic touch up paint)

paint

Hi Josh, i might have a nearly full spray can of factory PM paint from when i received my damaged PM jointer . I'm assuming that they are using the same shade as 5 or 6 years ago.
    I no longer have the jointer and i'll ship the can to you if you want. I have to double check that i still have it. Let me know. John

PM waited until the last batch of "Harvest Gold" appliance touch-up paint vanished, before choosing their new gold. Kinda like 70's bellbottoms...
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

You could just leave it and say "yeah, I _use_ my tools". Anytime I get a new tool I usually want to tie a rope around it and drag it behind my truck a bit. For me personally there is nothing worse than a bunch of shinny tools scattered around.

Mark

Mark, I suppose you are right, it is just so painful though, I haven't even got the plug on it yet. Thanks everyone.

Josh, that "first scratch or dent is always the worst. Being brand new out of the crate makes it THE worst.

Wayy back in 1967, I bought the very first 12-string electric guitar our small music shop had on display. After driving around town to show it to my Buds, I arrived at home to take it to my bedroom and finally plug it in. Pulling the case out of my car's backseat, the lid fell open and the brand-spankin'-new candy apple red guitar smacked against the pavement--gouging out large chips of lacquer. Not a good day!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Pierce View Post
    Mark, I suppose you are right, it is just so painful though, I haven't even got the plug on it yet. Thanks everyone.

Call PM they may just ship you some gratis...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    ........there is nothing worse than a bunch of shinny tools scattered around..
    That was so long ago, I don't even remember it...........
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Leave it be, the scratch makes is "special" I personally like to put my mark on my machines with a cold can of soda. All my machines are named "O" (shame on anyone who gets that reference).

Office Space?

You could also go to a regular paint store and color match.

And if you get it by the gallon you can do this......

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Leave it be, the scratch makes is "special" I personally like to put my mark on my machines with a cold can of soda. All my machines are named "O" (shame on anyone who gets that reference).
    Well, as long as the "O" is not from a beer.....

Rob, very cool. What did you do get them to sponsor you? lol

Josh, I'm with you I would want to fix it. some tools get beat up by use and some should stay nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    You could also go to a regular paint store and color match.

And if you get it by the gallon you can do this......

Rob
    Good lord, please tell me that is Powermatic's corporate training center or some Powermatic school, educational facility, or something.

That isn't a private shop is it? Zoikes.

Mark