Thread: Heckuvadeal!!

Heckuvadeal!!

Those of you who have looked at my "money pit" thread have seen that I have been planning on using a wood burner in my shop. I've looking at and up until now - wanting - to get a tube burner (radiant), but knew I wouldn't have the ca$h for a year or two.....

About a month ago, SWMBO's brother Bruce (a plumbing and HVAC contractor), called me - did I want a small ceiling mount gas heater. How many BTU I asked....about 30K was the answer. At that point I said no - not big enough - was afraid the thing would run non-stop.

Fast forward to a week ago - Bruce calls me - the heater is 75K BTU, and then wanted know what I had for insulation. I told him - and he indicates that this heater will more than do the job. Electronic ignition, and about 82-83% efficent.

It's a Reznor UDAP75, it's been converted to LP gas, and he wanted it off his warehouse floor - it had been setting there for 3 yesrs, and it's getting the way.

It turns out that he bid a job for a commerical customer which included the heater - but then the job was canceled. The customer did pay for the heater, so Bruce wasn't out anything. A residential customer asked for the heater, w/ the conversion to LP - so he did it - that customer canceled. 3 additional customers said I'll take it - and backed out as well.....

"Ok Bruce - I'll take it - how much?" "$80" was the reply - "and it you make it a $100, I'll throw in a running 1972 Ski Doo Olympique 399 (snowmobile)."

Bruce has a extensive collection of "vintage" Ski Doo snowmobiles, while I have one. Bruce restores them and shows them - he has a shelf full of trophies. This snowmobile is in good shape - but not show shape - and he has one of this model already which has won trophies. His shop was out of space - it had to go. The $80 would pay for the conversion kit, and the extra $20 helped pay for the gas to drive to my place.

So yesterday Bruce showed up w/ the heater and snowmobile. We mounted the heater on the ceiling (took about 1.5 hrs), and my vintage sled now has a partner.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Some days, it really does pay to get out of bed
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Geepers....that's not a deal...it's a steal! Congratulations on both acquisitions!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very nice. I just installed and older model of the same thing in my shop.

I got mine cheap too but not that cheap and no ski doo!

I think you will be happy.

Doesn't someone have to say "YOU SUCK!
    I guess I just did. One of the better shop gloats around.

David

Thank you sir! I thought the heater was gloat worthy - the sled is just 'icing on the cake".

Jim

Excellent deal!!