Thread: Multi router table size?

Multi router table size?

Hello all,
    I have a couple of questions

I have looked around quite a bit for the table size on a JDS multi router and have not been able to locate any dimensions of it posted anywhere.

Q1 Does anybody here have one they can take measurement of?

Q2 for those who use it; is the table large enough or do you want a bit more for larger pieces?

I have a project in the works and am just doing a quick sanity check.

Thanks,
    Sean

12 1/4" x 10"

Sorry, bought it used and haven't used it yet.

http://www.lagunatools.com/company/V...erating-Manual

I've usd the JDS and many other slot mortisers over 30 years and the table sizes are fine. I've mortised 10' rails and stiles for sliding screen doors. Can't imagine why you would want a JDS over a conventional slot mortiser. Routers are noisy and the high rpm is limiting in the useful applications. Very handy as a horizontal boring doweling machine with a the lower rpm of a conventional slot mortiser. The extra bells and whistles of the JDS is useless in my opinion and take the simple concept of loose tenons and makes it more time consuming to make tenons on the machine.

Sean,

I have a JDS Multi-router and like it very much. The table could be a little larger, but it is ok. When I have long sock I use an out feed roller, and it works great. I use a Bosh vs router. You need to use a vs router in the JDS.

I would also like to have a slot mortiser for more heavy duty projects. However, I would not give up my multi-router. It is very accurate and easy to set up.

Sam

Thanks for the responses.

the reason for my questions centers on a horizontal router I am building for a friend.
    he asked me for something like a Multi-router with a bit more travel and the ability to carry a larger router.
    The unit here is designed to hold a larger 3 Hp router with the ability to unbolt the router head and replace it with a slower speed mortising head for larger work.
    travels are 24" on the table cross axis and 11" on the remaining axes.
    the table and Z axis have ball screws for the larger mortising work that are dis-engaged when the router head is mounted and the manual levers are used instead.
    each axis has a digital read-out including the tilt axis on the table.
    there are multiple sets of selectable travel stops for each axis to allow multiple setups for repetitive work.

I decided on a table size of 12X18 for the time being....we'll see how that works out.

thanks again for the feedback.

Sean
    Attached Images Attached Images