Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 42 Birdhouses in a pile

42 Birdhouses in a pile

These are my latest turnings, made them 6 weeks ago, and then I got the flu and have been fighting that ever since, starting to feel better now though

Normally I make a picture of each piece I make, but I ran flat out of time, so before loading these in the car, I quickly made pictures from 4 sides to get at least something to show for, so that's all there is

42 Birdhouses.jpg 42 Birthouses 1.jpg 42 Birdhouses 2.jpg 42 Birdhouses 3.jpg
    Have fun and take care

2. Boy they are nice Leo! Glad you are feeling a bit better, and I wondered where you had been lately........I guess in some ways, we are like a big family and when one is missing, the others get concerned.

Welcome back............nice birdhouses!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Now that's a pile of birdhouses!

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
    These are my latest turnings, made them 6 weeks ago, and then I got the flu and have been fighting that ever since, starting to feel better now though

Normally I make a picture of each piece I make, but I ran flat out of time, so before loading these in the car, I quickly made pictures from 4 sides to get at least something to show for, so that's all there is
    A nice grouping Leo. How long did it take you to turn and finish 42 birdhouses?

"The best things in life are not things."

Now there is a bunch of nice birdhouses Leo. Glad to hear you are doing better. I am fighting a cold with a bronchial infection and the wife is fighting pneumonia.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Glad you are feeling better Leo! Thats quite the menagerie! Don't know if its the proper word but its the one that came to mind!

Hope you continue to feel better, not a good time of the year to get sick-guess there never is. Quite the assortment of woods and styles and good job on all. Sale or gift??

Hey I only counted 41. Nice work though.
    John T.

Fabulous work once again!

The variety of your birdhouses always amazes me. I've made about 20 of them and sometimes I run out of ideas. I may have to use the natural edges on some of mine.
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Nice looking batch of bird houses. I bet that took a little while to knock out.
    Billy

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.
    Very nice batch! Get well soon.

Leo, Looks like you have entered the Real Estate Market big time.

They look good in a massive pile!

Leo, I think they look real good in the pile in the bowl! I have about that many that are not finished and in different stages of completion that I have been working on all year. Every time I get a nice small piece that I am not sure if I want to burn it or turn it, I spin it into an ornament shape and hope to get back to it before Chistmas. This year has been way busy and I am way behind! I am jealous of all your out put, and glad to hear your bout with the flu is coming to an end.

Great mess of baby bird houses!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Leo, looks like the result of a massive foreclosure!! Great work, and some really interesting designs.

Glad you are on the mend - take care of yourself.

Hope you are feeling better Leo. The bird houses look great. Good way to use up some of the little scraps I keep saving. Do you hollow out these smaller bird houses or leave them solid?

TomC