Thread: Does Festo Ever Go on Sale?

Does Festo Ever Go on Sale?

Does Festo kit ever go on sale? I'm interested in some stuff, sander and vacuum, but was wondering if anyone ever puts it on sale. I have noticed that it is generally excluded from the general XX% off sales at Rockler and Woodcraft.

I have never seen them on sale other than specials by festool themselves (I believe some routers are 10% off right now). Other than that, the best you can expect is free shipping from a location out of state so you don't have to pay tax, CL, or fleabay.

keep an eye on McFeely's

They off and on have had 10% off on a couple of different Festool items.
    Forrest

I'm pretty sure the prices are set by Festool and the dealers have to follow along. All dealers are the same price (might vary by region? ) . Festool does go on sale but it is not a dealer sale but a festool sale. Usually its 10% off an item or some sort of deal on a combo purchase. It usually doesn't matter where you buy it unless you can get free shipping or no sales tax from an online dealer.

Dana explained it best. Festool, like some other tool companies set their prices and the dealer MUST follow that pricing or they lose the line. Festool wants dealers to compete on service not price so they say.

Over the summer they had a deal for 10% off TS saws and accessories. I think they had a few other tools at 10% off but not the sanders. They have the package discount for buying a tool and one of the vac's. They also usually have introductory pricing. They offer a discount on a new tool for the month or two then it goes to the standard pricing.

You can also look on festool's website for any close outs. They'll discount the tool that is being replaced, while supplies last.

In general the answer is no. They (the parent company) do discount closeout tools, but only after the newer version has hit the market. Their 10% sale on the saws this spring/summer, and now their routers was essentially unheard of in the past decade.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Company policy is to introduce new models in April. Leading up to that time, they will do a few things. Have reduced pricing for a short period on the new model. And also sell discounted older models.

No time limit on the older model sale prices. If you establish a relationship with a particular Festool dealer, you can request refurbished tools at a considerable savings. All repairs are now done at the main US facility in Indiana.

If you live near there, you might be able to walk in and ask for a rebuilt Festool. I know firsthand that was possible in the years Festool ran a small warehouse/repair/showroom in Santa Barbara, Calif.

There are a few promotions on select Festool routers and some other things right now, but they are due to expire soon.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

There is a 10 % off the big router 2200 and the small router mfk700.
    Also the router accessories and packages such as with the vacs. Sale expires Tuesday Nov 30.

Vijay