Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon completely failed on new fence TWICE!

Amazon completely failed on new fence TWICE!

Back in Oct I ordered a shop fox fence with 7' rails. About 8 days later I received a shorted shipment. They did not ship the 7' rail and angles. After chatting, and phone conversations with 3 different people I finally got someone from hardlines to understand the situation. They agreed to ship out another fence set, since it was impossible for them to just ship the missing rails. So I agreed to this. When it was to be delivered they were to take back the original.

Well after waiting for the 2nd shipment. They shipped just the fence and legs, no rails AGAIN. This was discovered before final delivery to me when the trucking company called me. I had the trucking company verify what was in the shipment. And Amazon made the same error as the first.

Now its been 6 weeks since first order and I still have not received a refund as they have not scheduled a pick up of the first short order. The 2nd order was cancelled durring shipment so I was not charged for it. I am at my witts end with Amazon on this. They will not take back the original shorted shipment by UPS even though its light enough and small enough for them to take it. But because it has to be shipped by truck when shipped by them. It must be returned by truck shipper.

I have always had very good experiences with Amazon, but this really takes the cake.

Did you use a credit card to pay? If so get the credit card company involved by refusing to pay that charge. I've had very good luck with Mastercard or Visa on my side.

In fact I always use a credit card even when using Paypal.
    Wood'N'Scout

Definitely involve the credit card, they will make it right and/or give you your money back. They're good at it, too.

Get the Credit card company involved. When it is all settled, order the fence directly from Grizzly. You will get better CS.

Although you ordered it from the Amazon website, are you sure you bought it from Amazon. On their site now, I see that item sold be Grizzly. In the cases where it says "sold by" a vendor other than Amazon, you should address your problems directly with the vendor.

Shop Fox W2006 Classic Fence with 7-Foot Rails and Legs

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

But doesn't mean that it is coming from amazon warehouse. I am guessing that the packages are not listed as package 1 of 3 or such. Shipping the same thing incomplete twice hints an error on their packaging order for this particular item. It may be resolved by contacting Shop Fox and have them help out.

Amazon's free shipping took 12 days for an assortment of Kreg screws to travel from Nevada to Oregon. Meanwhile, the screws went on sale at my local Rockler for a better price.

Regarding credit cards: Last month I found a fraudulent charge for $700 of liquor from a London, England merchant on my statement. VISA Fraud Department immediately closed the account and issued a new card. A few days ago they sent me a letter noting that THEY had detected the fraud attempt and that all was well. Last night I found that the original fraudulent charge is back on my statement, along with a $20 "foreign transaction fee".
    I immediately called VISA last night. After punching in my credit card number and giving my date of birth and last 5 of my SSN 3 times, and having the opportunity to listen to their cheery elevator music for 15 minutes, I was informed that I need to talk to the "Existing Fraud Department" instead of the "Fraud Department" and that they were closed for the day.
    Last edited by Jack Pinkham; 12-02-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi Arslan View Post
    Shop Fox W2006 Classic Fence with 7-Foot Rails and Legs

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

But doesn't mean that it is coming from amazon warehouse. I am guessing that the packages are not listed as package 1 of 3 or such. Shipping the same thing incomplete twice hints an error on their packaging order for this particular item. It may be resolved by contacting Shop Fox and have them help out.
    They also have;

Shop Fox G9220 The Classic Fence w/ 7' Rails & Legs

by Shop Fox
    4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
    6 Reviews
    5 star:
    (2)4 star:
    (3)3 star: (0)2 star:
    (1)1 star: (0)
    See all 6 customer reviews...

List Price:$275.00Price:$265.00 You Save:$10.00 (4%) o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
    In Stock.
    Ships from and sold by Grizzly.

Which is why I asked.

Check the label on what you got. I'll bet it's labeled as if it's the whole thing.

They're idiots about that.

I had the same problem with a grip-tite system. they put the upc label for the whole system on one of the small magnetic featherboard boxes. Apparently on a lot of them. Since the people who sell them have no idea that a label that says "grip tite 42-inch system" can't fit in a 10 inch box, and since the pullers have no idea what they're pulling, you have zero chance of getting the right thing until new stock labeled correctly comes in.

The first box I got had a upc sticker that said "grip tite system". It took forever on the phone to find an english speaker when I called to try to get them to make sure they didn't just send me the same thing again since they were mis-tagged.

Of course, they assured me that they'd send another one and it would be the whole set.

I got the second one, it was the same. One featherboard with a UPC sticker on it saying it was the whole set with a 42" steel fence face - in a 10" long box.

I sent it back again and told them they were still mis-tagged and they said that I could return it and I wouldn't be allowed to buy the same thing again, because it's their policy not to ship something more than twice to prevent fraud

A month ago I took advantage of a sale on Makita LXT Flourescent Flashlights. I bought 2. When they arrived, they were just the bulbs!

I went through their process and returned them. Still waiting for my credit 3 weeks later. They refuse to ship the correct items.

I have always found the local tool dealers to have better deals on tools when they have their sales.

Blog Entries
    In the cases where it says "sold by" a vendor other than Amazon, you should address your problems directly with the vendor.
    NO. You are much better off contesting the sale through Amazon. They will contact the seller and push for a resolution to the problem. If the seller does not fix the issue then Amazon can discontinue their items on their website.

If the vendor was Grizzly you wouldn't have to push. They would correct the problem, and they would know exactly what you were talking about.

The Amazon rep in India probably doesn't know a fence rail from a railroad.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Overton View Post
    If the vendor was Grizzly you wouldn't have to push. They would correct the problem, and they would know exactly what you were talking about.

The Amazon rep in India probably doesn't know a fence rail from a railroad.
    Trust me, they do not. In both cases of screwed up orders that I've had, I tried to talk to the person from india getting them to look at the item picture and telling them which part of it I'd gotten and which parts I didn't.

All I got as a response were generalized statements that seemed like they were from a bullet point list.

I've bought Shop Fox, PSI and several other labels through Amazon.

When there have been missing items, I drop a pertinent email or call the vendor directly.

The involved vendors fixed the problem, did not deal directly with Amazon unless I needed a contact email or phone number for a vendor.

Amazon will take a full exchange just like any retailer but this is usually uneccessary just to get missing parts.
    Last edited by Tom Ewell; 12-02-2010 at 9:12 PM.

I have read too many stories like this and will never ever order tools fom amazon.