Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email notifier

Email notifier

Do we have an idea when the email notifier will be turned back on, I sure miss it.

Bill,

The email notification service is active. I asked Aaron to make sure it was working last night, he said it is working perfectly.

Check your spam filter, if that doesn't work check with your Internet Provider to make sure they aren't blocking our domain. We send so much email out some providers think our server is sending spam.

If anyone else is having a problem please let me know.

I haven't received an e-mail notification in months, and the e-mails aren't getting caught by my spam filter. I'm also seeing ads.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

I'm receiving all of my email notifications.

rj

If we are referring to the e-mail notification of when our paid subscription "Annual Contribution" is about to expire....

....Then I've just received my e-mail notice about an hour ago with only 2 days left to mail a check in to keep my access going!

I thought the contribution e-mails were suppose to go out like 30 days prior?...........

edit: - I've just received another identical e-mail sent :58 mins after the first.

P.S.- Keith, The check is in the mail.......
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

I can confirm that my email notification appears to be working for notifying me of reported posts and PM notification.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Mike,

Sorry about the late email, I expect that our moving to the new server may have something to do with it because our mail server was up and down over several days when Aaron was making adjustments. I took care of the timeing issue for you.

Belinda,

I just checked your account settings, they look fine to me but I will have Aaron take a look to see if he can figure out what is going on.

Our email notification service is working according to Roger, Ken and Aaron. If you are having problems at this point check your usercp settings. If you cannot find the problem there you will have to contact your Internet Provider to see if they are blocking our domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Belinda,

I just checked your account settings, they look fine to me but I will have Aaron take a look to see if he can figure out what is going on.
    Thanks Keith. I got rid of the ads by sending in a contribution.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Whatever checks to see if ads should be on or off must look for contributor status, not contributor or FOC.

I get PM notifications but I also remember last year that I never got a notification on contributor status expiration. I purposely waited to contribute so I could let you all know.
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 12-07-2010 at 9:59 AM.

Bill,

The email notification service is active. I asked Aaron to make sure it was working last night, he said it is working perfectly.

Check your spam filter, if that doesn't work check with your Internet Provider to make sure they aren't blocking our domain. We send so much email out some providers think our server is sending spam.

If anyone else is having a problem please let me know.
    I checked all my settings and also checked my email account on-line and there is nothing I can see that is wrong.

I will have to check with my ISP and see what they have to say.

Thanks.

Belind and Roger,

I did some more digging and I found the problem concerning your FOTC account settings. It will be fixed today and Belinda we will issue you a refund, sorry.

Just did a full system check of the mail system.

Since Nov 3, we've sent 33,244 successful emails. We currently have 8 deferred messages in the outgoing mail, all going to email accounts at .alltel.net with status "connection timed out." So, either a temporary problem on their end, or they're blocking us (unlikely). Notifications were turned off for a couple days at the beginning of the month, but all of those emails were queued and sent out when the mail went back live. If the mail fails to deliver, we know about it! Once the mail is accepted by your ISP's mail server, we can no longer assure quality delivery, unfortunately.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Belind and Roger,

I did some more digging and I found the problem concerning your FOTC account settings. It will be fixed today and Belinda we will issue you a refund, sorry.
    Please, Keith, DO NOT issue a refund. I was going to contribute anyway. It was my pleasure!

Bella Terra