Thread: Something for the holidays

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.

Something for the holidays

Here is something I want to share with you all. Merry Christmas! Well, MY BAD, apparently this file doesn't work.
    Last edited by Tom Bull; 12-04-2010 at 1:47 PM.
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

The file crashes Corel X4 when I try to open it. I tried 3 times to open and each time the application recovery window pops ups and Corel closes. I tried saving it and opening and got the same problem. Anybody else have this problem?
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

Not liking X3 either. It just say's it's processing and it will never finish. Won't let you cancel it, so you have to ctrl/alt/delete to get the process to stop.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

It crashes X5 as well
    Amy Heise

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.
    Doing the same thing for me. Won't even reopen in Corel. This is first time I have saved a file from X5 down to V8, perhaps that is the problem?

The thumbnail shows up in my file selection, but it closes the program when I click on it. I will send a report to Corel and see what they think.

Sorry for the hastles to you all. It was a pretty cool angel ornament I had drawn from an old ornament we had.
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

I thought it was just something I did..crashed my X3 too.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bull View Post
    This is first time I have saved a file from X5 down to V8, perhaps that is the problem?
    So try posting it in v12/X3/X4 format...
    not all of us are stuck in the last century.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    So try posting it in v12/X3/X4 format...
    not all of us are stuck in the last century.

that's funny!
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

Like I said, can't even open the file myself in CD. When I open the file, CD immediately and without any warnings shuts down completely. Darn confusing situation. I am attempting to get info from Corel, but that is always a pain.
    Tom Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bull View Post
    Here is something I want to share with you all. Merry Christmas! Well, MY BAD, apparently this file doesn't work.
    Well its the thought that counts "Happy Christmas"
    Epilog Legend EXT 60w-Corel X4
    Skype me .

There's a lot more good than evil,
    and there's a lot more joy than pain.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley
    of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil:
    for thou art with me;
    thy rod and thy staff
    they comfort me."