Thread: Using PC type bushings in the Dewalt 611 fixed base

Using PC type bushings in the Dewalt 611 fixed base

If you are looking at the Dewalt 611 and have read my post on it you will notice that the fixed base will not take PC type bushing, the plunge base does but not the fixed.

I guess I really don't need to use bushing in the fixed base beings I have the plunge base but it was there and I wanted it. So if you just want to buy the fixed base and still want to use bushings here is what I did.

I tried making a new base plate for the 611, the problem was I had a 1 3/8" forsner bit for the out side but I did not have the 1 3/16" for the inside hole.

But what I did have was a base for the Bosch Colt that took the bushing. In fact I had 2 of them, one new one and one on the router.

If you order a Bosch PR010 base plate, $7.
    http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/B...fhu=3832303935

All you now need is a 13/32 brad point bit, a 15/64 bit and a drill press.

You can just lay out the holes using the clear plastic plate on the 611's fixed base. Drill the 13/32 holes deep enough so the head of the screw will just not be above the plate and then drill the other holes, that's all there is to it, works great.

As you can see in the pictures the Bosch base is just a little smaller then the Dewalt in the front.

PC054991.jpg PC054996.jpg

Bill,

I don't know anything about that Dewalt router but when I see the term "PC-type bushings" when referring to a router, I always think "why not a PC router?"

This from a guy who has a cabinet full of Dewalt power tools but all my routers are PC.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    Bill,

I don't know anything about that Dewalt router but when I see the term "PC-type bushings" when referring to a router, I always think "why not a PC router?"

This from a guy who has a cabinet full of Dewalt power tools but all my routers are PC.
    Well in this case the PC router does not have variable speed.

But is is funny that PC came out with bushing and they set the standard for them. The Bosch are junk, just not very good and they are the only one that makes them so you do not have a very good selection of bushings.

Does the PC version take the PC bushings? I'd be surprised if it did given that the Dewalt and PC are practically identical. It would be beyond bizarre to me if they spent the money to design, manufacture and maintain a separate base plate for the Dewalt, who's only purpose is to frustrate PC bushing users.

I found an article on both the new PC and DeWalt trim routers. It noted that the D base (DeWalt only) did not accept the bushings. it did not say that the fixed base on the PC didnt accept them, neither did it say that it DID, so Im still confused.

HD has the DeWalt fixed base now, and the plate definitely wont take the bushings (short of making another plate like suggested here). I might check out Lowes and see if they have the PC version, and if so does the fixed plate take the bushings. I imagine one could just order the PC base and install it on the DeWalt if you wanted to!
    The worst part about mistakes is that you have to make them before you can learn from them.

PC and Dewalt are owned by the same company and they make the dewalt base so it doesn't take the PC bushings. Morons.