Thread: Woodmaster 5075 Drum Sander (50")

Woodmaster 5075 Drum Sander (50")

I have the opportunity to purchase a 6-7 year-old Woodmaster 5075 for $1200. It has single drum, 7.5hp single phase motor and includes extensions for infeed/outfeed. It is allegedly in good condition. I am waiting for photos. It is a little bigger than what I have been looking for, but my gut is telling me to get in my car and drive there NOW! What do you guys think?
    Brian E. Cosgrove

Buy it!
    I paid $1500 for my 2675 and several full rolls of paper. I have no regrets.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have a 38" and it is built like a tank. Wait until you see the size of the farm duty motor, my 5hp is HUGE. Unless it has been abused that is a GREAT deal.

Thumbs up Woodmaster

My 3875 is great!

I think - Get in the truck and drive now and have a big trailer in tow and a loader for it when you get back. These machines are sooo sweet!
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Should I buy it?

Thanks for those who replied. I received the photos and the sander seems to be in good shape. It also has the mobile base included as well. My biggest concern is that this machine is way overkill for my needs. i am a hobbyist and build casework, some furniture and hoping to build a couple sets of kitchen cabinets in the future. The price seems really good and I believe I will not get anywhere near a smaller one of comparable quality for that price ($1200, maybe less). I suppose that if I determine that it is too large, I could probably sell it and maybe even make a few bucks on it. Opinions?
    Brian E. Cosgrove

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cosgrove View Post
    Thanks for those who replied. I received the photos and the sander seems to be in good shape. It also has the mobile base included as well. My biggest concern is that this machine is way overkill for my needs. i am a hobbyist and build casework, some furniture and hoping to build a couple sets of kitchen cabinets in the future. The price seems really good and I believe I will not get anywhere near a smaller one of comparable quality for that price ($1200, maybe less). I suppose that if I determine that it is too large, I could probably sell it and maybe even make a few bucks on it. Opinions?
    Get it, use it and if you don't like it sell it and make some money to cover your trouble! With the mobile base it is even more of a screaming deal.

Also note that you can load two different grits one on each side and have 2 roughly 24" drum sanders, this is due to the velcro attachment method.

Brian, if you have the room buy it. Worst case you don't use it and you have to sell it for more than what you paid.

Deal fell through :(

After making arrangements with the guy to buy the machine and pick it up Saturday (4 1/2 hours away), he called me today to tell me that he had sold it to someone else and they were picking it up today. It is disappointing, but in the end, it may have been overkill size-wise.
    Brian E. Cosgrove

After making arrangements with the guy to buy the machine and pick it up Saturday (4 1/2 hours away), he called me today to tell me that he had sold it to someone else and they were picking it up today. It is disappointing, but in the end, it may have been overkill size-wise.
    In the end a better deal for YOU will show up!

Whatta Shame!

the Big One that got away! Yes, maybe overkill, but paltry 24" import sanders are in that same price range.

I would speculate that the lucky buyer was motivated to sweeten the pot by a hundred or two and steal the deal from you. When big expensive sanders go this cheap, there is room to "highball" rather than the customary "lowballing".

When I have found a CL deal that is too good to be true and I cannot drive there immediately, I try to get the seller to commit to accepting a deposit via PayPal if possible; or a USPS Money Order by Express Mail.

That was the case when I bought my Woodmaster 38" 3820 double drum machine; a steal @ $1200 on that one too! I PayPal'd the seller a $200 deposit and he stood good on the deal for over a week until I could drive 6 hours each way to pick it up.

It's true another real deal may come along...IF...it's meant to be!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

old thread i know but one of these recently showed up and i think it's in very good shape. It's is a single drum, 50" wide (Woodmaster 5075) and seller wants $2500. I was looking at an platen wide belt for > 4K but this deal may be too good pass up. Sorry for the double post but i posted this also on the deals and discounts but i'm just not sure how much exposure that gets and i'd like to snatch this up if it's a great deal.
    Bob C