Thread: FOC Benefits?

Blog Entries

FOC Benefits?

I don't have a ww'ing related business so I was wondering what other benefits I would have if I contributed to the FOC. I don't have a problem with the $50 as I feel like I get that much value from this forum. Just wondered if I would get anything extra or should I just stay a Contibutor and up my ante?

Jim,

Here's what I was able to find:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?do=signup
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Jim,

After considering it for some time, here's my take on becoming a Friend of the Creek.

It allows one to list their business in a directory available on one page. This provides advertising but only on one page and people have to go there on their own intiative..

A banner ad however, is displayed on multiple pages and that's why it costs more.

I'm sure Keith will correct me if I'm wrong about this.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Jim,

Our Friends of the Creek Directory is for those who are interested in advertising their business. If you don't own a business it won't provide any benefit for you unless of course we offer another big drawing prize next year.

Another major benefit of FOTC is the value of a link in our Forums. The link alone is worth many times the price of the annual fee if you have a web site to promote.

Thanks for considering our FOTC Directory, the fact is you are already doing enough to support The Creek.

Keith, I just received a notice that my subscription was about to end. I was under the impression that the Friend of the Creek payment would renew my subscription for a full year!
    What do I need to do?
    Jack Halley

30w Pinnacle M, 30w Accuris Powersharp 12, Vinyl Express Q75

Jack,

Your FOTC account provides the necessary access here, you don't need the Contributor title now. Your FOTC account is active until July 2nd, 2011.

Thanks Keith!
    Merry Christmas!
    Jack Halley

30w Pinnacle M, 30w Accuris Powersharp 12, Vinyl Express Q75

Jim,
    I'm like you--no business to promote or anything. But, I was going to donate around that much anyways, so what they hey. My thoughts are that in all clubs, societies, and groups, people want to be in the "top tier"--it's human nature. I believe that by striating the membership options to several levels, and making that apparent to folks, that there will be a subtle impulse created in those who don't donate to do so. And I know that when folks see "Friend of the Creek" near a name that is clearly not a business, they might say, "What's that? I should click on it and read...", and then they are more likely to pop $6. So, I guess you could say I'm a capitalist elitist with a strong belief in social darwinism, doing the Lord's Marketing Work

What all else comes with the title, I had no good idea until lately, was just hoping I didn't get kicked out of the "top tier"!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028