Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Grizzly thread...

While we're at it can we also bash Lee Valley? I send way more time drooling all over that catalog.......
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Waara View Post
    While we're at it can we also bash Lee Valley? I send way more time drooling all over that catalog.......
    Yes! I did mention them a ways back, but who could possibly read all this? When I first saw their hardware selection, it blew my mind. I had no idea. Is there anything they don't have?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Karachio View Post
    Yes! I did mention them a ways back, but who could possibly read all this? When I first saw their hardware selection, it blew my mind. I had no idea. Is there anything they don't have?
    Pie.I don't think they have pie yet. a serious failing
    I wear my mind on my sleeve; I have a history of losing my shirt! -BNL
    A woman's work is never done-but power tools help!

Yeah, what a bunch of jerks. One time they sent me the wrong thing and it took over 60 seconds on the phone to get it resolved. Then they had the gall to tell me to keep what they sent and quickly sent the right thing.

Well, Ive ordered my first Grizzly catalog and look forward to some quality time in the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Parker View Post
    Dan,

Maybe Shiraz could "Kindle" it for you.
    Would the Grizzly catalog fry a Kindle due to its size?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Am I the only one with a collection of about 10 years of old Grizzly catalogs?

Just thought they would be a great reference for someone 50 years from now.
    I've got em back to 99

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Ryder View Post
    Well, Ive ordered my first Grizzly catalog and look forward to some quality time in the bathroom.
    Craig, I suggest you stick your credit cards in some water and put them in the freezer now. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Bukoski View Post
    Craig, I suggest you stick your credit cards in some water and put them in the freezer now. You have been warned.
    Does Grizzly make a nice heavy duty frig/frezzer for the shop? Id like the 36" extension table for chips and salsa. Be a no brainer in the polar bear line.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Ryder View Post
    Does Grizzly make a nice heavy duty frig/frezzer for the shop? Id like the 36" extension table for chips and salsa. Be a no brainer in the polar bear line.
    Dude, I think they even sell the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaze Ficarra View Post
    "obviously that's not ENTIRELY true"

There, fixed that for you

Thanks Jaze. Actually, not even "entirely true" at all.
    Last edited by Randy Dutkiewicz; 12-10-2010 at 9:08 PM.

Does anyone know if Grizzly is imported down here in Australia? Is it rebranded as another name?

Thanks

Why was the thread title changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Brogger View Post
    Why was the thread title changed?
    I assume because it looked negative to Grizzly when in fact it was not.

I do have a big gripe to air with Grizzly there are just 3 weeks left in 2010 and the 2011 catalog isn't here!

All joking aside wasn't it about 2 weeks into the year when they start arriving?

Glad they changed the title actually... I almost didn't read it, thinking it was just another person abusing the freedom of the internet to post negative comments without fair hearing of both sides... I'd guess that for every person who actually reads the thread and realizes it's pro-grizzly, there are 50 who read the title and go away thinking Grizzly did something wrong and is being bashed.

Funny thread and all, but when I first read it, what came to mind was "Dude...seriously, if you have a problem with Grizzly, is this the way to handle it?" Of course, I'm of the opinion you don't engage in negative feedback with a "bashing thread" for any company. Only reason I read the thread is because I was surprised Dan Hintz would post such a thread--glad I was right

Of course, none of that turns out to apply, it's a funny and enjoyable thread we all relate to, and there was much rejoicing. And with the thread-title change, now Grizzly doesn't end up getting unconsidered and unintended negative consequences. Good job mods!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028