Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another non paying job

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    I have no idea what stick on flocking is (if anyone in the US can enlighten me as to where I can buy it, I would appreciate it)......is it regular flocking that gets sprinkled onto a sticky surface or does it come in peel-n-stick sheets?

In any event.....did you glue the three sheets of acrylic together or are they "floating" inside the picture frame? Just wondering if the metals are now permanently sealed under acrylic! Is the flocking on the front or the back of that last sheet of acrylic?
    Thanks everyone. Steve, it's actually on sticky backed paper. It feels 'velvety' to touch and the backing is REALLY sticky, once on it's a bugger to take off......my kind of material. The three sheets of acrylic are floating, this was in case he wants to go to the next reunion and he would'nt look so cool wearing this picture (lol). The back has an easy release so that the medals might be removed if necessary. All I did was make sure that the fit inside the frame was to the 'inth' of a millimetre and it all just pushed in with a tight fit.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post

I have no idea what stick on flocking is (if anyone in the US can enlighten me as to where I can buy it, I would appreciate it)......is it regular flocking that gets sprinkled onto a sticky surface or does it come in peel-n-stick sheets?
    If you can find a Rockler or Woodcraft store near you, they have both types. (pricey, though)
    You can get adhesive backed sheets or bags/cans with loose flocking in them. Spray your
    adhesive and then dust or spray the flocking onto it. The sprayer is (basically) two cardboard
    tubes blocked off at one end and with a small hole at the other end, one tube just fits
    inside the other.

Great as usual Frank.
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.