Thread: woodburning pen

woodburning pen

what is best and least expensive wood burning pen all you people use to sign your work? I have sen the fancy shmancy ones but all i want to do is sign my work not to use for artsy fartsy stuff

el cheap from a hobby store.....my last name is 6 straight lines so it works perfectly.

If you just want to sign your name, I asked that question a while ago. The best thing is to use an Archival Pen. Available from just about any store, including the *-marts. They don't run in wood. Works well. Probably even cheaper than the cheapest woodburner. Nothing fancy schmancy or artsy fartsy...

Wow I just noticed, where did all the face icons go?

Hi Allen,
    my first wood burner was from a crafts store for about $10. It is similar to a soldering iron. The problem I had with it is how far back from the tip you have to hold it.
    My Daughter gave me the Detail master for Christmas a couple years ago and it is a pleasure to use.
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

Hi Allen,
    I purchased the colwood cub woodriter about a year ago after giving up on my mid 60's woodburner from a craft kit. Was about the cheapest yet supposedly halfway decent one I found. Have nothing else to compare to other than my old toy. Was quite an improvement!

+1 for the Colwood Cub. That's what I use, and it beats a pen by miles. Get the smallest writing tip though.