Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I like this new software...

Thanks John for the tip on making the page and fonts larger. Helps.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

James, like Keeton said that is probably on your end. I often go weeks without having to log back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bolen View Post
    Hey John, thanks for the tip on enlarging the script! I can see now
    Bill
    Thanks from me too!

Looks nice and gentle, but to my eyes it somehow washes out distinctions between posts and various elements within posts. As usual though, the issue may not be with getting used to the new theme but with forgetting tho old one.

Oh, and another way to fiddle with font sizes is using the scroll wheel while holding the CTRL button down.

This is definitely different looking. I cant say that I totally like the light background. The legibility, IMO, has decreased. Most of the forums I am a member of, have an option in the user controls to change the "theme" to something more towards the individual taste. Having a couple color / contrast choices would be a nice future addition.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

The thing I miss most is getting to the bottom of the page and not having the spot to click on that would take me straight back to the forum I was in, namely the Turners Forum. There is a spot at the bottom of the new one but clicking on it brings up a drop down and in order to get where I want I have to scroll down to see it. It would seem logical to simply take be back to the top of the forum I was browsing rather than making me choose from a drop down menu.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    James, I used to have this problem with the computer prior to the one I have now. I don't think that is an issue with the SMC software, as mine stays up all the time and I don't have to log back in.
    Could it be just a mater of checking the "Remember Me" box. I never have to log in if I have checked that box at my initial log in. I had to log in this time with the new software but I checked the box again and if it works like it always has for me I won't have to log in again even if I shut my system down.

"The best things in life are not things."

Quote Originally Posted by David Stratton View Post
    The thing I miss most is getting to the bottom of the page and not having the spot to click on that would take me straight back to the forum I was in, namely the Turners Forum. There is a spot at the bottom of the new one but clicking on it brings up a drop down and in order to get where I want I have to scroll down to see it. It would seem logical to simply take be back to the top of the forum I was browsing rather than making me choose from a drop down menu.
    ----Ditto-----
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem

Quote Originally Posted by David Stratton View Post
    David, I have my options set to linear mode with the latest post at the top. When I want to return to the Turners forum, I just go to the top and click Turners Forum in the "map" of where you are located just above the Reply button.