Thread: Playing Around With Piercing and Pyrography (Go Razorbacks!)

Playing Around With Piercing and Pyrography (Go Razorbacks!)

I watched the Binh Phoh DVD on piercing and used his technique for the thin walled bowl. This is made out of cherry to about 1/16 of an inch. I used the Presto to to pierce and cut out the words ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS. I started to cut out the hogs on the side, but I chose to burn them. May cut out the next one, wasn't sure how it would look with nothing dark behind it.

Would love to airbrush the the letters red, and add some color to the hogs, but I need to work on my piercing techniques first. Was really fun. I do a lot of scroll work, and all the Razorback items do well in my booth. Not sure how this one will fare, but I may take it down this week in time for a Christmas sale perhaps. Only negative is that the bowl is extremely fragile.

Thanks for looking,

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a really cool idea! I could see some rich alumnus making it well worth your while!

That is too cool and looks like it might have been fun to make. Lots of bench time there, on some very nice work! I used to do some of that type lettering on the scroll saw and never made it without at least one glue up repair to hide!
    mj

Very neat. Looks like a lot of tedious work well done. BTW-- GO OREGON!!

What a great piece but...Go Tigers!

Fantastic! As a avid Razorback fan myself, I'd love to have something like that. Beat the Buckeyes!

Jeff - WOW! Looks like the DVD worked! Nice work on getting the piece down to an even 1/16" first and also on your lettering! Pretty cool!

I hope your hockey team does well!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

woo pig sooie

Hockey? I thought it was lacrosse ...

Excellent! Looks like you got a lot out of Binh's teaching. The piercing and pyro is wonderful, but I am not overlooking the shape and thinness. Sometimes I think thinness is over rated, but on these type of pieces it is all about the thinness. All I can say is good job, cause I don't know no hog calls!