Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you work wood in your jammies?

My shop is my garage. This time of year I may step out to turn on the hearter in my robe. Working out there, nope. Summer time the door is open so again nope. I have specific 'work' clothes that I wear as I am not coordinated enough to step out the garage door without getting something on me be it glue, finish or just plain ol grease. My wife is still amazed at my ability to ruin a shirt or pair of pants by simply walking thru the garage.

I always dress as if I'm ready to go to the ER. I'd hate to have to explain myself dressed in jammies, boxers, or whatever - that would be embarrassing. It's bad enough have a mistake happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post
    Come on, admit it! I can't be the only one here who does a little woodworking early in the morning sometimes in my PJ's.

Jason
    I'll admit to being in the shop early in the morning, around 4:00 AM to get something finished on time and ready to ship, I work in my sweats in the early morning.
    DICK
    We can only be, what we give ourselves the power to be~ Cherokee Feast of Days

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wiggins View Post
    What jammies?
    My question exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    I get up early in the morning, straighten out my pink bunny jammies...
    Yeah, so everyone was cleverly dancing around the line and you had to go and just run across it. Entirely uncalled for. Shame on you. No, shame on me, I'm laughing hysterically!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

I bought work boots for a reason! I even wear them when I mow the lawn.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post
    Come on, admit it! I can't be the only one here who does a little woodworking early in the morning sometimes in my PJ's.

Jason
    With slippers on occassion, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Barnett View Post
    I always dress as if I'm ready to go to the ER. I'd hate to have to explain myself dressed in jammies, boxers, or whatever - that would be embarrassing. It's bad enough have a mistake happen.

Although you'd probably get more attention in the ER if you got a suit like John describes...

Inspired by this thread I went down to the shop in a robe and slippers and cut an MDF template for a curve. However, I'm not sure the robe strap is a good thing to have on around power tools.

Well, since I only sleep in boxers, and I only wear shorts all year around, I might as well work in my PJs. But, working barefoot is stupid, and I do it 100% of the time. Keeping the shop clean is key. I'm also routinely up by 5am. Luckily, both my neighbors are old folks who wake up super early too.

Sweats, Slippers & T-Shirt.
    Wonder rather than doubt is the root of all knowledge.