Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apprenticeship?

more pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <-------- Knows nothing of WoodWorking. Wants to know everything about WoodWorking.

Just a few more pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <-------- Knows nothing of WoodWorking. Wants to know everything about WoodWorking.

Love the pix. They make me feel better about the condition of my shop.

where's the jonter's fence?

Some Good News

Well, I did acquire the Delta UniSaw and I have what I hope is very good news. I am close to making a deal on an old Oliver band saw. It is HUGE. We dont know anything about it, only that it has just been sitting for years. It all appears to be there. I am trading some labor for it. I found some plates on it with some numbers

Oliver
    Machine Number 116-D
    Serial 53858

There is a metal tag above it that interesting enough reads "Property of Defense Plant Corp". I did not see a date on the machine. The bandsaw wheels are HUGE. I should have run a tape measure over the table but I can do that on the morrow.

I went to Cleveland Texas today to buy 1650 board feet of Cyprus for some siding one of Freds customers want. That ole boy has tons of Aromatic Cedar. I think I may buy some on my next trip up there.

Very interesting, keep posting your adventures Joseph, I enjoy reading about it! Good luck to you!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

This is an awesome thread, keep it up Joseph!
    Husband to 1, father to 9
    2 girls and 7 boys (in that order)
    Life Is Full Of Blessings
    The Lord is my Rock and my Refuge.

Coolest thread since Lou's shop thread! You are a very lucky man. Next time I get down that way, do you guys allow visitors?

I've not asked them, but if you let me know when your down here I will make it happen for you.

Sounds good...probably sometime before summer, I need to visit a few mills in your area for cedar pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly C. Hanna View Post
    Sounds good...probably sometime before summer, I need to visit a few mills in your area for cedar pricing.
    I just saw some aromatic cedar in Cleveland yesterday. It was really nice. The guy there is named Bobby. Best I can tell he dont do online. His place is called ARC something or other. I will get his number and address for you. He had some old woodworking machines himself. Decent shop. He also has a country type store front that he sells stuff out of but I didnt go into his store. I just loaded Cyprus on the trailer and left.

Cool. I always buy cedar in person anyway!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph D'Orazio View Post
    Well, I did acquire the Delta UniSaw and I have what I hope is very good news. I am close to making a deal on an old Oliver band saw. It is HUGE. We dont know anything about it, only that it has just been sitting for years. It all appears to be there. I am trading some labor for it. I found some plates on it with some numbers

Oliver
    Machine Number 116-D
    Serial 53858

There is a metal tag above it that interesting enough reads "Property of Defense Plant Corp". I did not see a date on the machine. The bandsaw wheels are HUGE. I should have run a tape measure over the table but I can do that on the morrow.
    That bandsaw has 36" wheels (i.e. HUGE): http://vintagemachinery.org/photoind....aspx?id=11334

Dude you suck, trading labor for an Oliver???

Man that is such a sweet deal!
    Husband to 1, father to 9
    2 girls and 7 boys (in that order)
    Life Is Full Of Blessings
    The Lord is my Rock and my Refuge.