Thread: New Tool for Workshop

New Tool for Workshop

Purchased a new "tool" for my workshop, a Nikon D70. Need advice on what Digital Software to purchase for my PC.
    Thanks
    Jerry
    Jerry in the Sunshine State
    Nam Vet, 67-68
    "If you're going to be stupid you got to be tough"

Congradulations on the new camera. I would suggest you get PhotoshopElements. You can get it on the net for less tha $100 and has almost all the features of the full blown version.

I have Photoshop Elements 2.0 and use the heck out of it. Adobe gave away a really good video tutorial for it a while back.

Jerry, congrats on the new digi-cam! As for the software, for the last several years, I've been using Paint Shop Pro by Jasc. (www.jasc.com). Very easy to use, and most of the basic needs are very intuitive and user-friendly. Not quite the powerhouse of something like Paint Shop, but personally, I don't have the time to learn the complicated an app. They have a free trial version you can download and play with, while the full licensed copy (for download) is $120.00, I believe. DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way associated with Jasc, just a happy user!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

D70

Jerry I believe Jim Becker has that same camera. He'll give you some tips. I had the Nikon 5700 and briefly, the 8700 before I traded. Photoshop usually gets the highest grades. I have ULead and Nikon View and a few freebies came w my XP and cams. They all works fine but PShop I understand takes you to another level. G Luck..
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Todd
    Purchased a new "tool" for my workshop, a Nikon D70. Need advice on what Digital Software to purchase for my PC. Thanks Jerry
    Jerry,

I've had several digital cameras and have found that the software included with them is generally adequate for most operations. The only additional software I use is a product called Polyview, available for $30 at www.polybytes.com. Polyview allows me to resize, crop, rotate, etc., photos quickly and to save them to whatever format is needed.

Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

I have both Elements 2.0 and Photoshop 5, While you can do more with Photoshop it's quite a bit harder to learn. I use Elements mor eoften and would suggest that one. I believe 3.0 is the surrent version. FYI, I got bagged when I bought elements, it came with Album and what the label said was a $30 rebate, the very very small print says the rebate is only good if your upgrading.