Thread: Ford F150_Truck Organizer

Ford F150_Truck Organizer

Just finished an organizer for the back of my truck. This is really one of my first ww projects ever,not counting my woodshop days of Jr. High school. Certainly not trying to show off my talents becuase they are almost nill but thought some might appreciate the idea and want one for themselves.
    I got tired of just thrwoing my stuff in the back and having it either slide under my seat and being lost or getting bent.
    Picture 1.jpgTruck-organizer.jpg

Jamie, thats a good looking storage box, and looks like it will hold alot of stuff
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Can't have enough storage.... Nice addition to the pick up Jamie.

I like it. I have a 63 F100 that I wouldnt mind having one of those for. Dang gas tank is right there though. I dont know what they were thinking. What were your materials?
    <-------- Knows nothing of WoodWorking. Wants to know everything about WoodWorking.

Cool looking storage system you made there, good job. I'm a catastrophe insurance adjuster who travels to different states after storms. My F-150 is my office. I do have a Jotto-desk for my laptop but still need places for my printer, supplies, and tools. Thanks for getting the wheels turning for ideas on how to modify a system like this for my needs.
    Who knew your could have so much fun with such a small chunk of wood

Yeah so I built mine with pine to keep the cost down,I might have spent $60-75, but had left over materials. I had originally sought out something like this on the net and thisone below was all I found.This would not have worked because of my seatbelt mechanism and it its plastic and I was afraid it would stink when the cab got hot.All said and done one thing I might actually change on my design is the top row slat to something clear so I can see through it for locating items.
    TG1A_big.jpg
    Last edited by Jamie Schmitz; 12-17-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Wow! There is that much room behind the seat? Great use of space.

1 of the advantages of being short

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Bullock View Post
    Cool looking storage system you made there, good job. I'm a catastrophe insurance adjuster who travels to different states after storms. My F-150 is my office. I do have a Jotto-desk for my laptop but still need places for my printer, supplies, and tools. Thanks for getting the wheels turning for ideas on how to modify a system like this for my needs.
    Right on, I too have the Joto desk but I keep the printer in the back seat (Ford Bronco).
    <-------- Knows nothing of WoodWorking. Wants to know everything about WoodWorking.