Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cherry gloat

Cherry gloat

Managed to snake out some cherry blanks during this snow storm.

I cant handle that big one, its huge

What cherry? Whose cherry? Where is the cherry?

No pix, didn't happen.

Wish't I could be there helpin ya man. I need some bigger blanks this year...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Looks like some sweeeeeet turning stock. Good gloat!

Doh! There they are....
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

There is more then that, the kids are cleaning the shop now then I will break in the new Thompson Bowl Gouge!

Wow! Congrats on the Cherry - looks great!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Ken,
    I hope you didn't use your sore back as a reason for the kids to sweep up your shavings. The cherry looks beautiful. I can't believe you folks are getting snow and in the Poconos we still haven't seen a flurry. We do have our share of cold and wind. We're setting up a couple of the last tent rentals of the season and it's been brutal outside. Be sure top post some pix of the cherry rough outs.
    faust

nice cherry

Faust, you can have the snow. I only like a few inches of fresh snow during deer season, other then that FOOOEEYY on it!

I roughed out this one this evening. Rough dim. are 8.5 x 4 and the bark just wouldnt stay on it. Not sure if the bark stays on better if cut during the summer, but it didnt want tos tay on here at all.

Some nice looking wood! Looking forward to seeing what you "turn" it into!

Never had a wish come true that fast.

I aim to please LOL!

Beautiful Cherry blanks Ken. I know you will make some very nice stuff from this. Take care of that back!

Thanks for the back sentiments. Ihave been taking it easy really. My knees are killing me from climbing on and off the tractor more then my back is bothering me thankfully. Only a slight spasm here and there is all I have had the past few days. Ive been running the Sthil non stop and it feels good to be mobile again. Its amazing how once the spasms lighten up things get back to normal pretty quick. Getting old sucks, but im going out of this world the same way I came in to it...covered in blood and screaming! Cant imagine laying around at 90 so im going to get all used up haha!

Baxter, I sealed that huge blank and it has your name on it! Fingers crossed no checks and I left it a tad long for a cut back if needed.

Two thumbs up for the Thompson 1/2 V gouge. That sucker removes wood and can cut a nice clean line. I still have some learning to do but she sure is sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hill View Post
    Getting old sucks, but im going out of this world the same way I came in to it...covered in blood and screaming! Cant imagine laying around at 90 so im going to get all used up haha!
    I'll give you an "AMEN, brother" on that! This ain't dress rehearsal, so go for it!

btw... I have cherry envy. Nice gloat.
    Michael