Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toaster that can make toast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Hey John

The Krups Model 57012, the two slice version of the one in Lee's post, will toast a bagel you'd be proud to serve in the Carnigie Deli, and do toast just as well.
    Or you can visit Chef's Supply on Rte. 5 in Wallingford and get that $400.00 commercial model in the back of the store.
    Wow thats expensive for toast and bagels! Ours does both (and a third thing but I never press that button so I don't know what it does) and was like 50 bucks. Its a Black and Decker. No issues with bread or bagels...

Bagels....Broiler..... Won't say it again!
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

The problem is that I can find a toaster that only does toast anymore. They all do bagels, they all have the toast alignment cage, and they all stink with the possible exception of that Krups that I'm going to check out.

can't find a cellphone that just does phone calls and voicemail anymore either

Blog Entries
    My cell phone burnt my leg when I put it back in my pocket too soon after making toast.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

good one Jim hehe

Living down here in Nixa, Mo. all I can get is Sara Lee Bagels. Used to love stopping at Duncan Donuts and getting a Toasted Bagel with Cream cheese and coffee while I patroled our trailer lots. Stopped at Panera Bread and ordered one and they gave me the cheese in a small container. I wanted to eat it while I drove home not fix it myself in the parking lot.
    I want to create love in my woodworking with a love for woodworking.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Alexander View Post

Have you looked at the Jitterbug?

Update:

Last night, out of the blue, we were talking about Christmas and my wife said, "I almost bought you a $400 toaster for Christmas." I chuckled and showed her this thread. Afterwards, she agreed that it was an excellent move marrying a psychologist.