It's been a long time since my last posts on my shop. The actual construction was completed a couple of years ago. Between then and now we had to prepare one house for sale, get the new house ready for us and all our dogs and move. All of that, especially all the carpentry projects kept me too busy to get the shop organized. Now, all the "must do" list has dwindled and I have had some time to work on the shop.

The actual building was done by Tuff Shed and was chronicled here on SMC.

Much of the actual construction can be seen on my website.

http://web.me.com/woebgonbassets/Woe...struction.html

While I had mounted my lumber racks early on to get the wood off the floor I realized that they were about two inches too low. Recently I was able to finally remount them.

North Shop Wall w:lumber racks.jpg
Extra Lumber Rack & Sheet Storage.jpg

I also was able to mount my clamp racks. Again I did it the hard way. I attached one of the racks to the wall studs. There wasn't any room on the wall for the second rack because of the predrilled holes in the rack and the placement of the studs. As I was contemplating a solution to the problem I noticed two pieces of solid 4/4 ash that I used as extensions to a dining room table that I made many years ago. The table is now used in the shop as an assemble table and I don't need the extensions. I cut one extension in half and mounted the racks to it. The ash was then easily mounted on the wall with lag bolts into the studs.

Clamp Racks.jpg

While not "officially" part of the shop, I also finished the garage wall storage.
Garage Side.jpg