Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laguna 3hp Cyclone Dust collector

1. Hi Jim,

I've been watching your thread very closely the last couple of days and chose not to post to give other woodworkers a chance to express their opinions. I know you are still in the decision making process so please let me know if I can be of any help. I am not a sales rep however I can assist in the process until you've made up your mind.

We may have some opportunities available for our SMC supporters.

Happy Holidays,

Brandon W.
    Laguna Tools

Jim

I too recently saw the Laguna at the Woodcraft in Warwick RI. Nice package. It may be a near future purchase for me. My DC-1100 just doesn't do it any longer for me.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stewart View Post
    Mike, I will look for the article, but I don't take American woodworker. I was leaning toward the Oneida, but I don't like the 35 gallon drum. I could get a 55 gallon from Oneida if I would make a build-out in the ceiling to allow room. I hesitate to do that, but it would not be a great big deal. Hey, that quick release drum on JDS and Laguna also looks nice.

I did not like the response that mentioned vibration in the JDS.
    Hi Jim, I have an Oneida with the 35 gallon barrel.

I have discovered that when I'm when I'm cutting melamine PB, the bag of dust is about as heavy as I can manage to carry up the stairs out of the basement.

When the bag's full of fluffy planer shavings, no problem,

Something to consider depending upon how you have to deal with the waste.

Regards, Rod.

You might also see if there is bag insert kit. If you have a 55 gal drum how do you empty it ?

I found out the hard way. So, now I have an insert kit that allows me to have a plastic ( large ) bag in the drum. Then I can just haul the bag outside.
    Bartee Lamar