Thread: Mite saw cart complete (almost)

Mite saw cart complete (almost)

I have my miter saw cart nearly finished. First project in my finished garage/workshop. I am still in the stage of buying tools and getting stuff setup. I basically went off the plan out of a Fine Woodworking magazine. The plan had a small vacuum in the bottom, but I am going to just use that for storage. I need to buy a measurement stop block system. Came out well. I had to improvise a little because Menards was out of the hanger bolts it called for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good. I have been thinking about building one like this for a while.

Looks real good. Aughta be able to get alot of use and years outta that.

Thanks for posting your miter saw cart. It looks great.

I've been rethinking my shop plan as I start to get it organized. This cart with the vacuum may be something I'll go with instead of a large bench. I haven't made my final decision because it will be a while before I can build either one. I appreciate the post.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Looks great! that exact cart is on my list to build. Not sure if it's coming before or after the drill press stand So many shop projects, so little time!
    I wear my mind on my sleeve; I have a history of losing my shirt! -BNL
    A woman's work is never done-but power tools help!

I'm planning to build one of those as well. I was going to build a built in unit but dust collection on the Bosch Slider is difficult. With that stand I can roll the whole thing outside onto the driveway and not have to worry about dust collection. Hopefully the wind isn't blowing back into the garage.

Which FWW was it? I need to build a similar cart.

Issue #209 Winter 2009/10.
    Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Link View Post
    Which FWW was it? I need to build a similar cart.

I used the Incra stop system - it looked really good on paper because you can easily add your own custom stop block. For example, on short parts you may need a stop block which projects closer to your saw blade.
    They also have a micro adjust feature and a measuring tape is available with the track either of which I don't find real useful.

The only problem with the Incra system is that they use a plastic friction lock knob and even when tightening it as much as possible it can slip if you slide your stock into it with even moderate force. Before I figured this out I really scratched my head when I found that runs of multiple parts were growing! Now that I'm aware of it I'm careful not to hit the stop and it works out real well.

I also made a auxiliary miter saw fence for small parts. This way you can cut small molding extremely accurately and safely. I think it may be shown on Gary Katz's site.